Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just released their first 2+ minute promo

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
From what I remember of the Eternals weren't the Celestials pretty much based on the Greek Titans - Kronos and Uranus?

Only in the sense that there is some powerful race who came before. In Greek mythology, the titans are supplanted by their children. I think only one Celestial has been slain in human history.
In the Marvel Universe, the Celestials are still around, just not here right now.

The "gods" being an extradimensional race works for me, whereas the Earths superheroes are alien science experiments doesn't.

The Celestials (in the comic books) are not technically extra-dimensional (like, say Dormammu is). They are among the first living beings in the universe.

In the comic books, Asgard and Olympus are extra-dimensional. In the MCU, it may be they are simply other planets, far away.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So I watched the first 2 episodes ondemand and have to admit I liked it. This season they seemed to have finally got a flow on and espcially good was them finally being allowed to directly reference the movies which they did a few times.

Anyway are Roslaind and the ACTU from the comics or something new?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Anyway are Roslaind and the ACTU from the comics or something new?

There is some fan speculation that the ACTU will change its name to HAMMER like in the comics after Norman Osborn took over SHIELD. But that's just fan speculation. So far, nothing about the ACTU has them doing things like HAMMER.

That being said, I do think the new HYDRA will be more effective than the old one.

I think that's a false assumption. I think we have never seen a normal human exposed to terrigen mist or crystals who has not been harmed by them.
Actually we have. When Sky and Raina transformed the normal human in the room was at first unaffected. It was only after he smashed the diviner that he was affected.

Crothian

First Post
There is some fan speculation that the ACTU will change its name to HAMMER like in the comics after Norman Osborn took over SHIELD. But that's just fan speculation. So far, nothing about the ACTU has them doing things like HAMMER.

My guess is they will be SWORD

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well that explains that. Thanks Crothian. I have seen both but a) I didn't always pay attention to show when it was just paper work. b) I never saw the extra footage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases