• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Shackled City IC

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=Inside Ghelve's Locks]
Baelor shakes his head at Floch's words. "I'm afraid not, half-breed." It is unclear from the dwarf's tone if he means the word 'half-breed' as an insult, or if it is merely his brusk manner. "My own inspection of these locks have shown that they have not been tampered with, and Ghelve has confirmed my findings." The dwarf shrugs as he stares up at the large half-orc. "Unfortunately, that leaves us both at square one. If they have not been picked, and there is no master key, then we have nothing to aid us in our investigation of our missing friends."

The dwarf turns away to gather up his pack, sling it over his shoulder, and reclaim his finely crafted bronzewood shield. Then, he turns back to Floch, as if struck by a sudden thought. "I'm not accustomed to working with others...but it dawns on me that if these disappearances are related, we might be well served in joining together to try to find out what happened. What do you think, half-breed?"[/sblock]

[sblock=Inside Ghelve's Locks]
Baelor shakes his head at Floch's words. "I'm afraid not, half-breed." It is unclear from the dwarf's tone if he means the word 'half-breed' as an insult, or if it is merely his brusk manner. "My own inspection of these locks have shown that they have not been tampered with, and Ghelve has confirmed my findings." The dwarf shrugs as he stares up at the large half-orc. "Unfortunately, that leaves us both at square one. If they have not been picked, and there is no master key, then we have nothing to aid us in our investigation of our missing friends."

The dwarf turns away to gather up his pack, sling it over his shoulder, and reclaim his finely crafted bronzewood shield. Then, he turns back to Floch, as if struck by a sudden thought. "I'm not accustomed to working with others...but it dawns on me that if these disappearances are related, we might be well served in joining together to try to find out what happened. What do you think, half-breed?"

I think you found a partner shorty.
The Half Orc shakes the dwarf hand. He then leans and say softly, not wanting the gnome to hear.
My friends are out there, you should meet them. they have some questions to this fellow, they are more expert in talking then me.

[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The rest of the group enters the shop to see Floch shaking hands with a dwarf. Meanwhile, a disgruntled gnome of peculiarly tall height stands behind a counter, his arms crossed. Floch can see his companions are accompanied by a pair of half-elves. Both carry longswords in sheaths attached to their belts and wear leather armor. One is blonde with leather breeches and a white jerkin. The other is brown-haired with a green tunic and brown trousers. They both meander along to the back as though they wish to observe.

This storefront smells of wood and pipe smoke. Two padded chairs flank a hearth containing a small yet lively fire. The fireplace's carved mantle bears a tinderbox, a small vase of dried smoking leaves, and a finely wrought collection of pipes. A burgundy strip of carpet leads from the entrance to the wall across from it, where dozens--perhaps hundreds--of keys hang from tiny hooks. The keys come in all shapes and sizes. A handsomely engraved mahogany counter stretches along one wall. Behind it hangs a red curtain that neatly hides the rest of the store.

"Wonderful," the tall gnome says with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, "more folks come to complain about my locks? Thirty years and now everyone decides to wander in with a complaint today."

Hoi!
Floch raise his hand to greet his new friends.
This is ... hmm .. a new friend of mine. Seems like he lost two of his friends like we did, they too vanished to the thin air, and guess what ...
The impolite and uneducated Half Orc Half Baklunish raises his tone of voice for the gnome to hear while crossing his hands in triumph.
The locks were the same.

Zarust

First Post
Feeling the tension in the air, Goran wasn't sure what the well meaning lad had said to the gnome, but he was guessing that it had made the craftsman quite guarded. While he had never been particularly adapt at resolving issues that did not end with his knuckles crashing into someone else's body, he sighed and looked toward Simon. The man had brokered a treaty with the half-elves and assuming that their desire to find their missing friend was genuine, more assistance might be needed still.

Walking towards the locksmith, Goran extended his hand as he spoke.

"Master Ghelve? I am Goran, a priest in the service of the Brawler, and I am hoping that you might be able to answer a few questions we have. There are people missing and while the Brawler would normally step aside and let those who follow the Cudgel find the guilty parties, they have taken children and this is something that neither the Brawler, nor myself, will allow to go unchecked."

Simon raises an admonishing hand, starts to speak, and then clearly thinks better of it. He settles for a quiet cough, and an uncomortable shuffling of his feet.

What in the world have they accused the fellow of?

Oni

First Post
Keth looked around the shop. He hadn't exactly seen a locksmith's before, but this was a lot fancier than he had expected. And who was this Floch was going on about. First half-elves, now a dwarf. Judging by what Floch said, this one at least had a smidgeon of information. Perhaps they were on the right trail after all. As he walked over to the counter it was really the curtain that caught his attention. He had thought of the odd words the priestess had given them over and over again and it was becoming difficult not to look for meaning were maybe there was none. He was getting as bad as simon and his lockes. Keth just shook his head and waited to see what was really going on.

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

That's too obvious... could it be? Alexi thinks, as she looks at the curtain behind the counter. Unfortunately, it would be rather difficult to get in there without getting the gnome's attention. Maybe if he was distracted enough...

Rhun

First Post
The one eyed dwarf looks over the newcomers as he smokes his pipe. Then he clears his throat and nods. "If your looking for those that have disappeared, we find ourselves in common cause. Two of my friends disappeared, and the trail brought me here. Master Ghelve assures me that their locks had not been tampered with, and that no "skeleton key" exists to his devices." He takes another puff of the potent tobacco he smokes and steps forward, holding out his hand. "I am Baelor, called "Badaxe" by some...it is good to meet you."

"A pleasure, good sir," Simon beams, sketching a quick bow. "It seems our numbers are growing by leaps and bounds; the kidnappers, whoever they be, haven't a chance."

He turns to the locksmith, bowing again. "Master Ghelve, I do beg your pardon -- emotions are running high, as you surely understand. But is there anyone in this city to you knowledge that could perhaps challenge your creations?"

Remove ads