• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Shackled City IC

Floch

Speak up, and speak the truth.
The large Orc breed leans over the counter to meet the gnome’s face.
I eat the likes of you to breakfast, so don’t be messing around.
The tactless Orc continues
Even the gods spoke about a weird gnome and a curtain, so speak up.

*Intimidate.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As Floch bears down on the gnome, you note his bottom lip begins to quiver and his eyes grow wide. He lets out a squeak, followed by a wince and a whisper, "Please, don't hurt me. I'll help you, but I have this little...problem...back there. Maybe we can fix it together."

You are unsure, but it almost sounds as if he is inviting you to the back room for a little fun. Still, one thing is certain, he is quite terrified of you and willing to comply with any reasonable request.

[sblock=OOC]Intimidate check was successful. The gnome will be considered friendly towards Floch for the next 10-60 minutes, as long as Floch remains nearby.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

“Ha!” Alexi calls out, then blushes slightly and becomes silent.

...looks like this is the right curtain after all... she continues in thought.

After a moment she speaks up again. “Is there a connection between your storage rooms and the ways beneath the city?”

She makes it sound as if she knew about those "ways" even though it's purely a stab into the dark (Bluff +7).

Floch

Move aside little one.
The Half Orc takes matter to his hands and turn to his new friends.
Be ready.
He then cast aside the curtain to reveal what's behind the mysterious screen.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Floch shoves the red curtains aside to reveal the back room. Black curtains partially obscure a window niche that faces the street. Ornate locks and complex locking mechanisms are neatly displayed in the niche. The room itself looks tidy, but lived in. Carpets cover the stone floor, and a broom leans against the railing of a wooden staircase leading up to a second floor balcony. Three wooden chests rest in the middle of the floor, their lids bound shut with sturdy iron padlocks. Small tables, shelves, and benches hold various knick-knacks, and a framed portrait of a silver-haired gnome hangs next to a tall wooden box at the base of the stairs. The wooden box contains an intricate array of ticking gears, counterweights, and cylindrical chimes, surmounted by a circular face that bears the numerals 1 through 12 on its circumference.

However, before you can make much headway into the room, you are surprised to hear a sudden *whoosh* and find a cloaked figure has leaped off the balcony to land nimbly on its feet adjacent to Floch. Before Floch can react, it lunges with its rapier, albiet somewhat clumsily as it flies right between Floch's arm and his torso, a near miss.

*End Surprise Round*

Initiative
Fellian 22
Cloaked Figure 22
Keth 18
Fario 16
Gnome 16
Alexi 13
Baelor 10
Simon 9
Goran 7
Floch 5

*Round 1*
With the curtains pulled back, the scuffle is immediately apparent to those in the main room. Fellian is first to react, pulling his shortbow and sending an arrow whizzing across the room and thudding ineffectually into the wall adjacent to the curtains. The cloaked figure, still seizing the initiative manages to get in another strike before Floch realizes what is happening and lunges again, this time bending his rapier on Floch's armor before being thwarted. The figure hisses at its misfortune as it prepares for a counterattack.

[sblock=OOC]I won't necessarily wait for everyone to post before doing an update. If I hear from Keth's and Alexi's players before I hear from the rest, for example, I will bring the round current, up to their actions. If I don't hear from someone after about 48 hours, I will decide the most logical action consistent with that character. In general I will not have the character use consumable items or take risks that would be excessively out of character. It would assist me greatly if everyone posted a mini stat block in a spoiler indicating hp, AC (plus touch and flat-footed), saving throws, and Spot/Listen modifiers. If you do not include your attacks and damage then please roll on invisible castle, linking the roll. This isn't necessarily a major battle, but keep these things in mind for future battles.[/sblock]

Attachments

• ghelve's locks.xls
    73 KB · Views: 98

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]One other note. I am assuming Fang was left outside and told to stay since 1) it is pretty cramped inside the shop and 2) it is generally a bad idea to bring pets into a store. Even Keth, with his limited experience would have already learned this.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
When the cloaked figure dropped into view it was a more obvious clue than he had been expecting. I guess this is it after all, he thought. As the newcomer brought his rapier to bear Keth just growled and yanked the dark wood cudgel from the rope that served as his belt. Keth slipped by Simon around the edge of the mahogany counter to bring himself to Floch's side. He waved his little club menacing, looking for an opportunity to strike. He spared one sidelong glance to the gnome shopkeeper.

Don't even think about it.

[sblock=ooc]move action to draw weapon, standard action to move into position. Adjacent to gnome and floch.

HP: 10/10
AC: 15, Touch: 13, FF: 13
Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (additional +2 vs. fear effects)
Spot: +5
Listen: +8

[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

Alexi simply delays, keeping her eyes on the gnome. With so many hopefully capable fighters around, she doesn't see the need to use her magic on the sole opponent present at this point.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Fario, like his companion, draws a bow and launches an arrow towards the cloaked figure. Also like his companion, his arrow misses its mark and you hear it soar into the far wall of the back room. The gnome, for his part, flees from the cloaked figure back towards Goran and Alexi. The cloaked figure jabs ineffectively as the gnome lets down his guard.

Attachments

• ghelve's locks rd1.xls
    73 KB · Views: 108

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads