• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Shatterscape IC (Cooperative Design-As-You-Go PBP)

Kenku17

First Post
The innkeeper walks over to the door and peers outside one last time. You can see the sun's last rays have disappeared behind the buildings of the city and it is now quite dark out. "Well, I suppose that's all for tonight. I hope there's no one left out." With that, he bolts the door and heads back to the bar.

A few minutes later, you hear a door open down the hall where the private rooms are located. Shortly thereafter a woman in leather armor carrying a shortspear enters the bar room. She has unkempt short, red hair and a worried look on her face. She glances at the bolted door, then to the innkeeper, "I'm sorry, Olindar, but I have to leave. It's important."

The innkeeper's face goes white in horror as he shakes his head. He moves to stand between the woman and the door. "No, Krethan! It's already dark. I cannae possibly expose ye to the Crucible. Ye know ye are a target."

Krethan glares at the innkeeper, "You know this is something I have to do."

Dejectedly, the innkeeper looks at the floor and steps to the side. Krethan unbolts the door and dashes outside before any of you can react. The innkeeper quickly bolts the door behind her without even looking. He then turns around, a sorrowful look on his face. "A private room has just become available, if any of ye are interested."

Paldon looks "Umm...how much more would it cost?" he asks.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The innkeeper seems clearly distracted, "Cost? Oh, um, let's see, 20 silvers. I guess that would be a difference of 15 then... Poor girl. Doesn't even know what she's getting herself into."

Kenku17

First Post
The innkeeper seems clearly distracted, "Cost? Oh, um, let's see, 20 silvers. I guess that would be a difference of 15 then... Poor girl. Doesn't even know what she's getting herself into."

"Ill take it then" Micheal says as he pulls a gold piece and a 5 silvers from his pocket.

(OOC:Im updating my money as it goes)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The innkeeper half-heartedly takes the money and marches stone-faced back to the bar, where he rests his head on his hands and gazes at the door almost mournfully.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arden's response to the akolite or priest or whatever he might be dies on her lips as the small drama between Olindar and Krethan plays out in front of her. Before she knows it the woman is gone.

The Coward's wail of fear echoes through her thoughts as she pushes back from the table and walks to the door.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Olindar, but I find there is something I must do."

She steps past the innkeep and throws the bolt.

"I hope we have the opportunity to continue our discussion another time, good sir."

Leaving the door gaping open, Arden hurries into the street and looks for Krethan.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kylest pays only half a mind to Kleb's sermon, his mind wandering again. The sudden arrival of the woman puzzles him, and even more so the innkeeper's reaction. When the room is offered up again so soon after the woman leaves, Kylest turns to Kleb.

"Won't she be returning?"

Then Arden rushes outside as well, and his confusion only grows.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Before the innkeeper can respond to Michael, Arden dashes outside, leaving him gaping in surprise for the second time tonight. He rushes to the door, calling to Arden, "Please, don't! I can't keep the door unlocked for you if you leave!"

[sblock=GlassEye/Arden]It is dark outside. There are very few street lanterns and it is very quiet. You feel the wind whip up behind you giving you a very sudden chill. Listening carefully, you think you hear footsteps in a nearby alleyway. Before you have a chance to investigate, you hear a sudden woman's scream issue forth from the alley.[/sblock]

From inside the inn, you all hear a piercing scream echo out through the night, followed by a sudden silence. Olindar's face goes white.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arden shivers suddenly feeling very exposed and is glad of the shadows. She clutches Psycho's box tightly to her chest and oddly feels a small sense of comfort from doing so. Trying very hard to be quiet and remain hidden in the shadows she walks slowly towards the alley.

[sblock=OOC]
Move Silently +1
Hide +6
She will stop before she reaches the alley and try to peek around the corner if nothing else happens before she gets there.[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Before I let Arden go too far by herself, does anyone want to follow her? It's a bit early to be warning you about splitting the party up since technically, none of you know each other. However, anyone from Narovan knows she has just put herself in a lot of danger. Even if you aren't from Narovan, the innkeeper's actions should indicate the gravity of the situation.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads