Alarms & Journeys magazine

AlarmsJourneys

Villager
http://www.AlarmsJourneys.US

Alarms & Journeys V1, No. 5 - Dave Johnson Games | DriveThruRPG.com

A quarterly magazine that covers tabletop role-playing games and games in general. We also have articles by industry professionals as well as independent small press people. This issue has material for OSRIC RPG, edition. New fiction. Author interviews too.

Subterranean Adventures
by Dave Johnson page 4. TOP SECRET: NWOTM Adventure!
by Merle Rasmussen. page 6 Top Secret, ASg.Ie.,nAtsgoenttsheonRtuhne! Run!
by Gary VanBinberg page 10 Gary Van Binsbergen
What has Merle Rasmussen been up to?
by Merle Rasmussen page 14
The World of Talamh
by Tad Atkinson page 14
THE DEMENTED DOMICILE OF D’LARK THE DERANGED
by Chris Larr page 59
DELTA JUNCTION story
by Justin Oldham page 81
The Thieves of Fortress BadabaskorTM-
JG0052 by Dave Johnson page 96 Adaptable Game System 1.5 page 99.
AJ-4.jpeg

Armor Class compairson for JGU, OSRIC, 1e AD&D, 3.5 PF, 5e D&D page 109
Bestiary for OSRICTM RPG and 1e AD&D
page 111. Attack Matrix for Monsters, JGU system.
page 110 New Magic for 1e AD&D/OSRIC page 115.
Beefing up the Monk by Erik Munnpeage 118.

Dave removed the direct reference to Gygax Magazine, but he's doubling down on other fronts. Most recently he posted "Here is issue 10. It has an adventure set in Grayhawk." And he linked to where you can buy it on Amazon, complete with "World of Greyhawk (TM)" in the description. IIRC, even @Rob Kuntz had trouble publishing content using the Greyhawk name. I find it hard to believe A&J licensed it properly.

I've been trying to keep Dave Johnson's drama separate from the NuTSR drama as much as possible, but between this and his involvement on SFNG it's seems like he's determined to get pulled into the lawsuit with WotC.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Dave removed the direct reference to Gygax Magazine, but he's doubling down on other fronts. Most recently he posted "Here is issue 10. It has an adventure set in Grayhawk." And he linked to where you can buy it on Amazon, complete with "World of Greyhawk (TM)" in the description. IIRC, even @Rob Kuntz had trouble publishing content using the Greyhawk name. I find it hard to believe A&J licensed it properly.

I've been trying to keep Dave Johnson's drama separate from the NuTSR drama as much as possible, but between this and his involvement on SFNG it's seems like he's determined to get pulled into the lawsuit with WotC.
He also references AD&D and includes an old version of the OGL in the back, which specifically prohibits you from using terms like "AD&D".

Man, copyright and trademark issues are definitely not these guys' strong points.

Remove ads