Alchemy VTT kickstarter over 200,000 in first few hours.

Jolly Ruby

Privateer
I wish it had 5e or OSE as options, I would back it instantly.

Edit: It has a system agnostic option. Backed!

Last edited:

Retreater

Legend
So this is something that's already out and that I've already used, right?
Like, I've unlocked content on it nearly 6 months ago for Historica Arcanum and already have the campaign on there.
Unless I'm completely mixing up VTTs or I'm in a time loop....

darjr

I crit!
So this is something that's already out and that I've already used, right?
Like, I've unlocked content on it nearly 6 months ago for Historica Arcanum and already have the campaign on there.
Unless I'm completely mixing up VTTs or I'm in a time loop....
Is the “early access” version?

numtini

Explorer
I'm going to guess the success has something to do with all the emails I have from companies suggesting I back it. I'd honestly never heard about it prior to the Kickstarter. And whatever the secret sauce is, their backers are basically a list of every company I buy from: Free League, Chaosium (who has generally been allergic to VTTs), Kobold. Is this big push coming out of the OGL fiasco? It feels like there has to be some dirt here.

It is pretty and the Gods know I would love to have something with integrated A/V that actually works, but I'm not sure the world needs another VTT, particularly one with a fairly steep subscription fee + the need to buy various game systems. I'm also already frustrated by the fracturing of systems and VTTs. There are games I can only play on Foundry and others I can only play on Roll20 because of ruleset support.

Remove ads