Alienest plot hooks

Gellion

First Post
Well once the Alienest reaches a certain level(dont have the books with me) thye gain eternal youth, however it says they are stolen away by beings from the Far Realms when their time is up. I thought this would make an excellent plot hook, your playes could try to save the Alienest. A Far Realms adventure would be very fun to run i imagine. Although whether the Alienest would want to leave the Far Realms is another matter entirely.

gfunk

First Post
Gellion said:
Well once the Alienest reaches a certain level(dont have the books with me) thye gain eternal youth, however it says they are stolen away by beings from the Far Realms when their time is up. I thought this would make an excellent plot hook, your playes could try to save the Alienest. A Far Realms adventure would be very fun to run i imagine. Although whether the Alienest would want to leave the Far Realms is another matter entirely.
You should check out my Story Hour, it's all about Alienist plot hooks!

What happens when an Alienist slowly goes insane and wants to open a Far Realms portal, thereby plunging the Prime Material Plane into madness?

What if her fellow party members realized her evil intent and tried to stop her?

What if both sides had armies at their disposal?

Yeah, you know the answer. WORLD WAR!!

Crothian

First Post
I'm using the Alienist in reverse actually. Philip Reed has a cool pdf called the Possossers, and these things are a perfect fit to be from the Far Realms. So, I introduced them to the campaign and from there they will be seeking out an alienist to learn more about them.

s/LaSH

First Post
And what do you do in the Far Realms?

Try to escape? What if you weren't an alienist but got picked up by mistake?

Just a thought...

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Gellion said:

Actually saving the alienist should be futile - he meddled with Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and now has paid the price.

Perhaps they brought his body back, but something else now inhabits his mind. Or maybe his soul is simply gone, never to return, not even through a Wish...

Or perhaps he turned into some eldritch monstrosity that is no longer recognizably human, and now works to destroy all he once held dear.

Making the Far Realm something where you can get second chances is anthiethical to its Lovecraftian nature.

Lela

First Post
I don't think a Wish spell can bring back someone who's "Time is up" anyway. They're done, it's over. Let them rest/burn in hell/live in that weirdo place they were obsessed with. It's like some super-ooper-de-dooper decree from whoever/whatever created the possibility of creation.

Gellion

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
Actually saving the alienist should be futile - he meddled with Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and now has paid the price.

Perhaps they brought his body back, but something else now inhabits his mind. Or maybe his soul is simply gone, never to return, not even through a Wish...

Or perhaps he turned into some eldritch monstrosity that is no longer recognizably human, and now works to destroy all he once held dear.

Making the Far Realm something where you can get second chances is anthiethical to its Lovecraftian nature.

So? I just thought it would make a good adventure. I like Lovecraft a lot too. But if it makes for a good story, i dont care what it came from. As long as it is a good story. :)

Remove ads