• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alignment as a feat

Nyaricus

First Post
actually, everyone would start off as being, essentually, true neutral, thus a true neutral alignment feat wouldn't be necessary. If you wanted to be true Neutral, you could be so - just don't take an alignment feat. This doesn't mean that you couldn't act, 9/10 times, good, but with takeing the alignment feat, you'd be 'coming closer' to that alignment.

For clerics of true neutral gods, you could rule it 2 ways as i see it. A) the cleric, assuming he wishes to stay true neutral, could not take the bonus Alignment feat. Since Artifacts and Relics wouldn't likely be aligned (unless the deity has some serious split personality problems) this wouldn't pose a problem for that or any given PrC that might be tied to the church. Also, you'd be able to detect/protect against all alignments since none of those spells would, theoretically, be barred. The other option, B), is to rule that the cleric must stay within one step of his deities alignment, per the standard rules, and be either Neutral Good, Neutral Evil, Lawful Neutral or Chaotic Neutral - and thus gain the bonus feat entailed within that alignment.

Makes sense? Yeesh, i hope so.

azabaro

Explorer
TheGogmagog said:
I think it would be fine to have the alignment make all attacks as aligned attacks. There are limited numbers of times it would make a difference.

Wouldn't the easiest way to do this (and make these aligned characters vulnerable to Protection from X spells and the like) be to give the creature the appropriate alignment subtype?

Yeah, an interesting idea. I wonder if Clerics should only get these feats if they take the appropriate domains. Ah, I see Kahuna Burger already suggested that.

Remove ads