• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All 18s, All The Time

Namagem

Explorer
I can see one fairly apparent fault to this: Melee wizards and ranged fighters.
The classes would blur together as there is no longer any difference statwise. Why attack from the back when your AC is just as high as the fighter? The useful warden class feature to shift your ac from one stat to another becomes pointless.

This is what I see, and there's almost definitely more gamebreaking examples than what I have here.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
A wizard's AC is already based on Int which is expected to be very high so I'm not sure how this rule changes that any. It does improve the NADs (F/R/W) for most characters, but I think the consensus is that at higher levels, the NADs need the boost.

This rule definitely makes characters more homogeneous by removing a major point of distinction between them. But instead of calling that a fault, I think of it as a game-play preference: some people would rather differentiate characters through qualitative traits (class features, powers, gear) and/or role playing.

-- 77IM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads