• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alter self

Maybe not in YOUR campaign.

wkZhp.png

GhostBear

Explorer
Half Dragons are listed as Dragon Types. So, for that matter, are Kobolds! :)
I got really excited for a moment - but when I checked the SRD I saw them listed as "Small Humanoid (Reptilian)". True dragons are listed as Dragon.

Well darn. My dream of a small tribe of alter-selfing-into-dragon kobolds had a very short life. :( Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding something... And I hope that I am. Because this could be really fun!

Greenfield

Adventurer
I got really excited for a moment - but when I checked the SRD I saw them listed as "Small Humanoid (Reptilian)". True dragons are listed as Dragon.

Well darn. My dream of a small tribe of alter-selfing-into-dragon kobolds had a very short life. :( Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding something... And I hope that I am. Because this could be really fun!
My bad. I knew they spoke Draconic as their primary language, and mis-remembered their type.

I wonder what could be done with a Pseudodragon familiar... :)

Sekhmet

First Post
[MENTION=6669384]Greenfield[/MENTION], [MENTION=6667527]GhostBear[/MENTION] ,Races of the Dragon makes Kobold Small Humanoid (Reptilian, Dragonblood), which means that for all effects related to race, a kobold is considered a dragon.

Race does not, however, equal type, so it would be a hard sell to get Alter Self to work that way.

Rath the Brown

First Post

You're not completely out of luck; Races of the Dragon also introduced the Dragonwrought feat, which, among other things, changes a kobold's type to dragon.

Remove ads