alternate genasi - is this fair?

Mr. Draco

First Post
well, i think drowdude posted this on the old boards, but i only have the stats for the air genasi (the one i was thinking about playing), so:

is it fair/overpowered/underpowered/whatever?

Air Genasi:

+2 ECL
Darkvision 60'
Immunity to all forms of disease, sleep spells & effects, and paralysis
Elemental Focus: Ait Genasi cast spells of their chosen element as if they were 2 levels higher than their actual level. Such spells also gain a +2 DC & +2 for purposes of defeating SR.
Air Genasi may not cast spells related to their opposed element (earth).
Gains the Air subtype, and a +1 to saves versus Air-based attacks/effects per 5 levels attained
Intuitively speaks Auran
+4 Dex
+2 Int
Mingle With the Wind (Su): Levitate-Self at will (as the second level spell Levitate), as if cast by a Sorceror of the Genasi's character level
Breathless: Air Genasi do not need to breathe, and are immune to most gas attacks, drowning and suffocation
Cold or Electricity Resistance - 10 (chose 1)

Well? What do you think? Is it balanced for a +2 ECL?

Vanuslux

Explorer
It looks okay to me, though as a matter of personal taste I would replace:
Cold or Electricity Resistance - 10 (chose 1)
with:

Cold and Electricity Resistance - 5

That's just because when it comes to racial abilities, I prefer things to be static. Something either is a racial ability, or it's not. Optional racial abilities should be covered with feats, in my opinion.

drowdude

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
well, i think drowdude posted this on the old boards, but i only have the stats for the air genasi (the one i was thinking about playing),

Glad you have taken this much intrest in my templates Draco! :D

I reposted the entire set here at the new house rules board under the same title.

To Vanuslux: Yeah, it really is just a matter of taste. I just prefer to give characters nice little customization options that make them feel unique wherever I can.

The 5/5 split on the resistance is nice though, I should have added that as a choice ;)

trentonjoe

Explorer
I think it is more than fair for a ECL of +2. In my opinion it is probably more of a strong +1 but I tend to underjudge! I would have no problem allowing that in my game as a +2.

Drow dude usually does pretty good work. He's a good choice to steal ideas from!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases