• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternative Names for Dragonborn?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Depending on your campaign & sense of humor...

Unas
Sleestack
Dire Gecko
Dire Goanna
Tuatarians
Phrynosomans
Molochians
Komodans
Gojirans
Rodanians

and just possibly, Masssssssterssssss

And if I ever get to play one, I'll name him Juan T. He'll wear lots of gold chains, too, as he pities the fools.

:)

Rpgraccoon

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
if I ever get to play one, I'll name him Juan T. He'll wear lots of gold chains, too, as he pities the fools.

:)

Dragonborn, Dragonblood, Wizardsbabies, Drakmell, etc... "The new gnomes" comic relief for the masses.

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Rpgraccoon said:
Dragonborn, Dragonblood, Wizardsbabies, Drakmell, etc... "The new gnomes" comic relief for the masses.

Considering their built and seriousness, I would not say punny nicknames in their faces ;)

Make one wonder..... What's the names for the dragon race(s) in Tolkien's made up languages? Perhaps there is ideas there.

Emil

First Post
Szatany said:
drakkar(s)
would that make a black dragonborn a Drakkar Noir? :p

The Ubbergeek said:
Make one wonder..... What's the names for the dragon race(s) in Tolkien's made up languages? Perhaps there is ideas there.
Sindarin - thlug (?)
Quenya - lócë (this is actually a stem used with various prefices to denote dragon type)

Last edited:

On a side note:
I was thinking about how they would translate Dragonborn into german and the only thing I could think of was "Drachen Kind" (which is german for Dragonchild) The direct tranlation for Dragonborn would be something like "Drachen Geborene" but that sounds rather tacky in german...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads