Am I missing something??

I'm going to assume an insight bonus to attack roll is calculated by the formula (bonus squared times 1000 gp). It should probably cost more, but I'm going to be nice. That sword or bow now costs around 4,002,300 gp! More expensive than any non-artifact item in the DMG. Now, it also lets you ignore concealment (similar to true seeing). So I'd add half the cost of always-on true seeing to it as well.

Sure, it's balanced, if you happen to have more than 4 million gold pieces for it. Of course, you won't be able to afford armor, cloaks of resistance, belt of giant strength, magic arrows, etc.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Ah - thanks for the replies, everyone! Heh. I missed the part about it being use-activated. So it's not too powerful because it is sword,* but rather because he wants it to be use-actived - which would be bad if it was a bow, too. :)

*: And I agree with MythandLore - Power Attacking with such an item wouldn't be that overpowered; you can do that with the spell, too, after all. The fact that you first have to activate it balances it nicely IMO. (Now, this of course wouldn't go for a use-activated item... :p)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Rashak Mani said:
Are you sure the True Strike bow doesnt require a round to "cast" spell and another to shoot ? At 4000 gp IT MUST BE !
I believe that's the way it works, yes.

Victim

First Post
The Bow of true strike requires an action to activate.

A use activated true strike weapon would provide a continous bonus, and thus is better priced by using the X*bonus squared rule. Bracers of Armor are priced the same way - an item that casts mage armor all the time would be much cheaper than the 16k bracers that provide the same bonus.

Remove ads