• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E AMA with WOTC tomorrow 15/01 (10 AM PST) on DnD subReddit

CapnZapp

Legend
I'm updating a summary here:

"The Ranger and The Druid"

Do you (or anyone else) know why these two classes were bundled together?

I don't get it - to me the Ranger was the most problematic class, while the Druid seemed fine (too good if anything).

I can understand that the Druid is a "wide" class (like Cleric and Wizard, which got much wider support in the PHB), but bundling these two classes together makes me nervous...

...fixing the Ranger (the Beastmaster) and the Sorcerer is soo much more important than extending support for any class, Druid or not.

Anyone know the backstory from the AMA on this?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It wasn't one question, but both related to updating existing classes and archetypes, so I put them together.

The original question was:

What are you feelings on Druids? I feel like they could use some love after psionics and rangers. Circle of the land just seems bland and unpopular even though the features try to add flavor it falls flat. It feels strange to have nature Paladins or clerics seem more interesting than Druids! Then let's talk about Wild shape the defining feature of the class is so limited. We need more animals to choose from to allow utility and communing with nature.

Mike: Druids are tricky - the archetypes we included in the PHB seem to cover a real wide array of the character types people like. It's definitely a class we'll be looking at in terms of flavor or new options.

Cheers!

Curmudjinn

Explorer
I'm surprised to not see the whacky, awkward questions this time about monster sexual anatomy and interspecies reproduction. Someone usually goes there. I downloaded the podcast and I'm looking forward to listening to shortly.

Nemio

First Post
I'm surprised to not see the whacky, awkward questions this time about monster sexual anatomy and interspecies reproduction. Someone usually goes there. I downloaded the podcast and I'm looking forward to listening to shortly.

Which podcast do you mean?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads