• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazing Kickstarter Allows You to Create RPG World with History

Neikron

Explorer
Backed this one a while back. Looks pretty good, and likely to save some prep time. I hope it turns out as great as it sounds.

Neikron

Explorer
As far as I understand, yes. Civilians pester dragon, dragon burns town. Orcs come down from the mountain. Just a serious of events that will flesh out a world.

I'm pretty sure you can take more control over it, though.

That's what I think, but I'll have to wait for alpha testing to find out for sure.

Hey Guys,

I'm Amanda from the Worldspinner team.

I'm glad to see folks excited about our project. Neikron is right, you'll have much more control over your world. Which cultures your world has & where they are, which themes are included, cities and points of interest -- you'll have the ability to customize this to fit your setting. If anyone has any other questions, please let me know!

- Amanda

This looks very cool!

I'm not a fan of the subscription only model though. Sure, a 12 month subscription is only $10, but for a product like this I'd like to have access to my creations without having to keep up with a subscription. An option to purchase the product on a permanent basis would be my preference.

The other thing I don't quite understand is the 5 world limit. Why does the software limit you to only making 5 worlds? I'd want to mess around with the software, change around variables and see just what effect that has.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I was looking at backing this, but the subscription model killed it for me. I might come in later if the promised editing functions and such come on line. For me to get on board, the program would have to allow me to do everything Campaign Cartographer can do PLUS all the interesting stuff about nations, races, etc.

After some back and forth PM's with the creator I decided to back this. The creator seems very open to listening to what backers want and was also spent a lot of time answering my questions. Plus he definitely seems to have his head screwed on right in terms of not trying to promise the world and set expectations sky-high.

So, despite the fact that I don't like that it is subscription model and have possible concerns with the limits on the number of worlds you can save, I'm at least going to give it a go.

The Kickstarter has about 25 hours left to go. So if you want to back it, do so quickly!

Remove ads