• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Amazing Magic Item: Bag of Useful Halflings

I'm playing in a game that is designed to be light-hearted and silly. Our DM just gave us a Bag of Useful Halflings. It's the best item I've ever got in D&D ever. It brought me Pure Joy.

I found a bag...it had a label on it: Bag of useful halflings

I reached in and pulled out a rich-looking halfling. It stood there, confused and said, "Where am I?" Then it disappeared

So, intrigued, I pulled out another halfling and said, "Please give me 10 gold pieces"

It looked confused, pulled out its purse and said, "why am I doing this?" and it gave me 2 silver and 5 copper then disappeared

I cackled with joy! Then, I pulled out another and told it to run over to 'that post over there'.
It ran over to the post and stood there, wondering why it had just done that. Then, it too, disappeared

Each time, a different halfling

Later, One of the party members was having troubles sleeping so I pulled out a halfling and told it to sing him a lullaby. It did.

I pulled out a halfling that looked kind of poor, so I gave it money and said, "Here, keep it!" It replied, "Uh Thanks?" and disappeared.

I have no idea how often I can do this. It seems I have infinite uses but maybe it has charges. The potential for abuse is huge...But the game is chalk full of silliness so I don't plan on breaking the game with it.

Anyways, thought I'd share.

Oofta

Legend
I'm playing in a game that is designed to be light-hearted and silly. Our DM just gave us a Bag of Useful Halflings. It's the best item I've ever got in D&D ever. It brought me Pure Joy.

I found a bag...it had a label on it: Bag of useful halflings

I reached in and pulled out a rich-looking halfling. It stood there, confused and said, "Where am I?" Then it disappeared

So, intrigued, I pulled out another halfling and said, "Please give me 10 gold pieces"

It looked confused, pulled out its purse and said, "why am I doing this?" and it gave me 2 silver and 5 copper then disappeared

I cackled with joy! Then, I pulled out another and told it to run over to 'that post over there'.
It ran over to the post and stood there, wondering why it had just done that. Then, it too, disappeared

Each time, a different halfling

Later, One of the party members was having troubles sleeping so I pulled out a halfling and told it to sing him a lullaby. It did.

I pulled out a halfling that looked kind of poor, so I gave it money and said, "Here, keep it!" It replied, "Uh Thanks?" and disappeared.

I have no idea how often I can do this. It seems I have infinite uses but maybe it has charges. The potential for abuse is huge...But the game is chalk full of silliness so I don't plan on breaking the game with it.

Anyways, thought I'd share.

Now I'm envisioning an inevitable visit by the halfling FBI to have a long chat about kidnapping halflings and forcing them to do things against their will. ;)

Remove ads