Spelljammer Amazon.ca has Spelljammer 5e for 40% off

Tazawa

Adventurer
That sucks for us FLGSs, who probably will pay close to $50 CAD for it, and can't possibly afford to sell them for $55 at that price. I swear that one of the reasons they jack the MSRP up so high is because 80% of the copies they print will be sold for somewhere around 30% off, give or take. Effectively the "real" price is $65 but they "tax" us small stores (and anyone who wants to support us) with the "you don't have a CEO with a yacht"-tax.

This is why I buy from my local store. I want to keep having a local store.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
This is why I buy from my local store. I want to keep having a local store.

We all appreciate that very much.

Hey, I can't say that I've never bought anything on Amazon, in spite of them being my mortal enemy. It's really hard to resist.

Still, I ultimately believe that their business model is unsustainable (it really requires worker exploitation to exist - something that I hope will end someday, though probably not any day soon).

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Like many others here, I like having a FLGS, and I want it to remain. There was one in my town that closed a few years ago, and it was sad, but the one across the river is still there. I'm there with my group more or less weekly to play, and I preorder all the alt cover books through them too.
The most important part, IMO, is that my 8yo (who I've been taking/gaming with for about 2 years now) gets the FLGS experience - a community of friendly folks who like games, copious junk food, and a safe place to experience emotionally-wrenching character development in a make-believe world.

Remove ads