Spelljammer Amazon.ca has Spelljammer 5e for 40% off

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That sucks for us FLGSs, who probably will pay close to $50 CAD for it, and can't possibly afford to sell them for $55 at that price. I swear that one of the reasons they jack the MSRP up so high is because 80% of the copies they print will be sold for somewhere around 30% off, give or take. Effectively the "real" price is $65 but they "tax" us small stores (and anyone who wants to support us) with the "you don't have a CEO with a yacht"-tax.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That sucks for us FLGSs, who probably will pay close to $50 CAD for it, and can't possibly afford to sell them for $55 at that price. I swear that one of the reasons they jack the MSRP up so high is because 80% of the copies they print will be sold for somewhere around 30% off, give or take. Effectively the "real" price is $65 but they "tax" us small stores (and anyone who wants to support us) with the "you don't have a CEO with a yacht"-tax.
On the other hand, still need to go through a local store to get the alt covers, which I will be.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On the other hand, still need to go through a local store to get the alt covers, which I will be.

Yes, it's our consolation prize. (The alt covers on these books look absolutely amazing, too!)

Still, I wish that the big A wouldn't discount them quite so much. (I also wish that the MSRP was lower! I'm not trying to have you guys pay more!)

At any rate, I am looking forward to these books, both as a fan and as a retailer!

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yes, it's our consolation prize. (The alt covers on these books look absolutely amazing, too!)

Still, I wish that the big A wouldn't discount them quite so much. (I also wish that the MSRP was lower! I'm trying to have you guys pay more!)

At any rate, I am looking forward to these books, both as a fan and as a retailer!
No, it's gross.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
In Canada, I find that many (though certainly not all) independent game stores have better prices than Amazon.ca for D&D, other RPGs, and most board games. That Spelljammer set would be an exception, not the rule.

I very rarely purchase RPG products via Amazon, but I spend +/- $1,000 every year at indie game stores.

Remove ads