• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Amazon.ca has Spelljammer 5e for 40% off

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That sucks for us FLGSs, who probably will pay close to $50 CAD for it, and can't possibly afford to sell them for $55 at that price. I swear that one of the reasons they jack the MSRP up so high is because 80% of the copies they print will be sold for somewhere around 30% off, give or take. Effectively the "real" price is $65 but they "tax" us small stores (and anyone who wants to support us) with the "you don't have a CEO with a yacht"-tax.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That sucks for us FLGSs, who probably will pay close to $50 CAD for it, and can't possibly afford to sell them for $55 at that price. I swear that one of the reasons they jack the MSRP up so high is because 80% of the copies they print will be sold for somewhere around 30% off, give or take. Effectively the "real" price is $65 but they "tax" us small stores (and anyone who wants to support us) with the "you don't have a CEO with a yacht"-tax.
On the other hand, still need to go through a local store to get the alt covers, which I will be.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On the other hand, still need to go through a local store to get the alt covers, which I will be.

Yes, it's our consolation prize. (The alt covers on these books look absolutely amazing, too!)

Still, I wish that the big A wouldn't discount them quite so much. (I also wish that the MSRP was lower! I'm not trying to have you guys pay more!)

At any rate, I am looking forward to these books, both as a fan and as a retailer!

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yes, it's our consolation prize. (The alt covers on these books look absolutely amazing, too!)

Still, I wish that the big A wouldn't discount them quite so much. (I also wish that the MSRP was lower! I'm trying to have you guys pay more!)

At any rate, I am looking forward to these books, both as a fan and as a retailer!
No, it's gross.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
In Canada, I find that many (though certainly not all) independent game stores have better prices than Amazon.ca for D&D, other RPGs, and most board games. That Spelljammer set would be an exception, not the rule.

I very rarely purchase RPG products via Amazon, but I spend +/- $1,000 every year at indie game stores.

Remove ads