Amazon delay notice :(

malichai

First Post
I preordered 2 gift sets on June 1st and they were just delayed with a new estimated arrival date of 6/10 - 6/13. I preordered 5 gift sets on April 1st, and they were just delayed with a new estimated arrival date of 6/18 - 6/26. I'm not pleased. Barnes and Noble just gained a new customer.

BooleanFlag

First Post
Me Too!

I ordered the gift set a while ago and I'm delayed too. The common thread among people that have had theirs shipped is that they paid for more expensive shipping (2-day, next-day, Amazon Prime customers), at least that's what it seems like. Since I went for "slightly faster than free" shipping, I think I got hosed.

My update email says it'll be arriving 6/19 - 7/01.

So, I went ahead and printed the 20% off coupon from Borders and went and got a copy of the PHB to tide me over (last copy!). The PDFs were just annoying at best.

Remathilis

Legend
Canceled my order and went to FLGS. Played in Worldwide D&D day, and got my books (not the gift set) for 25% off (or 25 a book). Slightly more expensive, but I'll be playing before July.

Ta.

AZRogue

First Post
BooleanFlag said:
I ordered the gift set a while ago and I'm delayed too. The common thread among people that have had theirs shipped is that they paid for more expensive shipping (2-day, next-day, Amazon Prime customers), at least that's what it seems like. Since I went for "slightly faster than free" shipping, I think I got hosed.

My update email says it'll be arriving 6/19 - 7/01.

So, I went ahead and printed the 20% off coupon from Borders and went and got a copy of the PHB to tide me over (last copy!). The PDFs were just annoying at best.

I got the exact same email. Unfortunately, the local Borders and Barnes and Noble are both sold out so I need to go across town for a temp. player's handbook. But it has to be done, so no use whining. ;)

Argyuile

First Post
AZRogue said:
I got the exact same email. Unfortunately, the local Borders and Barnes and Noble are both sold out so I need to go across town for a temp. player's handbook. But it has to be done, so no use whining. ;)

I got the same BS e-mail today. Its really my own fault, I stopped pre-ordering video games from them because they could never ship my video games on time. I guess their incompetence is more systemic than I originally thought.

Lord_Zephyr

First Post
I had the same problem with Barnes & Noble...

------------------------------------------

Dear xxxx xxxx ,

Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the merchandise listed below in the time frame indicated in our previous email. We anticipate that your merchandise will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.)
As always, you will not be charged until this merchandise ships from our warehouse.

We assume that you still want to purchase this merchandise. However, if you would like to cancel this portion of your order, you may do so online at: http://www.bn.com/orderstatus.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

-- Barnes & Noble

Please note: Changes to your order may take up to 60 minutes to appear on your Order Status page, particularly during peak shopping periods. To view Order Status, click http://www.bn.com/orderstatus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ship To: xxxx xxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

This part of your order is expected to ship within 1-5 business days:

QTY TITLE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 4th Edition Core Rulebook Gift Set

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So far the status of my order is still unshipped... I'm pretty upset about it at this point. It seems to me that the shipping delay is probably on Wizards' end.

Well my order had recently showed a ship date of August 25th but just today I received a ship notice via email. The set should arrive on June 19th. I am not sure what changed but I am not going to complain.

I still have NO idea how they determine to whom and when items get queued for shipping.

OH BTW for the records I used the 'super-saver' free shipping option when I pre-ordered.

Last edited:

Wraith101

First Post
Note for Australians: Mine claimed a month an a half for delivery but some other books I ordered off amazon recently with the same delivery estimate took about two weeks!

Scribble

First Post
Amazon seems to be showing that the three books (individually) are available?

I know you wouldn't get a nice slip cover but...

Remove ads