• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Orphans unite!

Cirex

First Post
Zogmo said:
What you have stated here is the exact reason why Amazon might not carry extra stock (security stock).

1) There is a huge life-span to this product. No need to have it now! Now! Now!
2) They way their model works is by not having huge warehouses filled with stock. They order what they think will sell and since they sold out completely even if they never sell another set it was a complete success. They sold everything they had.
3) They did get confirmation that a second print was being run so they can still fulfill all of the orders taken. There is no need to have stocked up on more because the life-span expectancy is long and it's only going to be a few weeks before they get more. In the long run of the products life that's a very short time.

AND just because some small group of gamers are really excited about this and want it NOW NOW NOW it doesn't mean they should be concerned about that. Obviously those people would have preordered way in advance and their books would be shipping today. If someone didn't preorder soon enough then they must not be that much of a fan compared to all the others who did.

The majority of people are not thinking like the people on this message board, they are waiting but not panicked into thinking that Amazon sucks now and they have no idea what they are doing. There was only so much to go around to begin with and it all sold out. From their point of view they see this as a totally reasonable situation and will sell more books as soon as soon as they get them.

As far as having "extra" stock in their warehouses goes you need to do a little search on the economics of retailers that do business online and how the brick and mortar business model had to change because of the paradigm of doing business on the internet.

Oh, I'm not saying amazon sucks, since as personally it goes, I have never had any troubles with them (I haven't bought many things though), just that if you pre-order something, it's because you want it by the release date + shipping. That's kinda the point of preordering, having a reserved copy by when the product is released.

I guess security stock works different for online retailers, and in that situation you are right, I need to research more because I'm used to normal retailers, not online retailers.

Alnag

First Post
Mine still says Shipping estimate: June 6, 2008 yet it has not shipped nor preparing to ship or whatever. Not to mentioning the fact I will wait another 14 days till it arrives. Poor me... :(

Zulithe

Explorer
LIke some of you, my order says 'shipping june 6th' even though it is now june 7th... for more than an hour...

So, is it shipping, or what :|

I pre-ordered from Amazon.ca with Super Saver Shipping (free). My estimated shipping date was June 10-11, but I got mine yesterday. I pre-ordered back in October, which may or may not make a difference.

Sammael

Adventurer
I pre-ordered the giftset in January, and until yesterday, its shipping date was listed as June 6. After updating my shipping address and having to re-enter my credit card data, my shipping date changed to July 3. Thank goodness I'm not in a rush to get my books.

Cirex

First Post
I updated my shipping adress and got a new shipping estimate :

Shipping estimate: June 16, 2008 - June 24, 2008
Delivery estimate: June 26, 2008 - July 17, 2008

I can survive with those dates, if they are accurate.

Mythtify

First Post
ordered on May 27, paid for next day delivery. Received the email saying that it has been shipped.

Still, I picked up a PHB at the local game shop.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads