• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ampersand: Debut and Exclusive Content (Assassin Class)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Lots of stuff this time around. One of the largest being a exclusive class to DDI: The Assassin (including a new Power Source it is associated with) in September!

Ampersand: Debuts and Exclusives

Other interesting things:
  • In July the Psion will be unvieled as one of the PHB3 previews.
  • Discuss some of the concepts of the Revenant.
  • At GenCon a talk about possibilities beyond level 30.
  • Further in the summer more previews in DDI for 2010 material.

Last edited:

Shroomy

Adventurer
Woot, the assassin class, sounds cool (I'm guessing its shadow power source), as does the revenant and the psion (July's PHB3 early release/preview).

Cadfan

First Post
I'm pretty sure that when they say "ddi exclusive" they really mean "ddi exclusive preview until we publish it for real." I wish they'd be more clear on that.

chaotix42

First Post
Color me excited! I'm surprised to hear that the assassin will be a DDI-only class.

@ Cadfan - That's quite possible.

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I'm pretty sure that when they say "ddi exclusive" they really mean "ddi exclusive preview until we publish it for real." I wish they'd be more clear on that.
I think this clears it up:
This month, we kick off a new rollout of exclusive material for the Dungeons & Dragons game that you can only get as a D&D Insider subscriber. This exclusive material won't appear in any core rulebooks or supplements, but it will be totally official and ready to use if you're a D&D Insider subscriber.
So it seems like both the Revenant and Assassin (and future exclusive material) will be only available through DDI. Which makes me happy.

WarlockLord

First Post
I dunno...do we really think the Assassin is going to be the only shadow class coming out? I know there have been theories that the cover of the PHB3 was photoshopped "Psionics" over "Arcane" from PHB2...

ggroy

First Post
I think this clears it up:

So it seems like both the Revenant and Assassin (and future exclusive material) will be only available through DDI. Which makes me happy.

Maybe the "DDI exclusive" stuff will eventually find its way into the Dragon Magazine Annual compilation books?

Remove ads