• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Iron Kingdoms Desert Campaign

Rugult

On Call GM
So I intend to run a campaign set in the Bloodstone Marches (desert) of the Iron Kingdoms. The premise is going to be a group of religious characters going off into the desert in search of a lost holy artifact. I intend to have the PC's accompanied by a varied assortment of NPCs who will act in various roles (scholar, mechanik, some guards, workers, etc).

Now I am trying to think of various different plot elements to add that could 'spice up' the campaign. So far I've only really been able to think of one thing to do that is out of the norm'

Basically, before the party departs they will be given a journal. This journal will be magically enchanted so that anything they write in it is relayed back to the Church they are working for. So I was thinking of actually giving the players a journal and have one different PC write in it every session.

Any thoughts from the faceless masses? :heh:

Khairn

First Post
Just a couple of idea's off the top of my head ...

Which deity? Morrow, Menoth, ... Thamar?
Remember that what is considered a "Holy Artifact" by one faith could very easily be considered a blasphemous tool of the unbelievers, to another religion. So a party of "religious" enemies trying to prevent the party from reaching its goal. For a real twist, make this group a splinter cell of their own faith.

The Bloodstone Marches (Ternon Crag to be more specific) is currently a main battleground for the Skorne, the Circle, Everblight and the Trolls (commonly refered to as the Hordes). So getting caught up in their battles would be another possibility.

You have the ever-adventurous Professor Pendrake who could be nosing around the same area.

And my personal favorites are the Giants of IK. I found their entry in MN2 to be fantastic and filled with lots of juicy plot hooks.

Does that help?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads