• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anagram names

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It recently occured to me that you can get some nifty PC names with anagrams.

While there is this site ( http://www.anagramgenius.com/ ), ones used for names don't neccessarily have to make sense or a sentence.

For example, Eric Clapton becomes Lance Tropic- not a sentence, but perfectly usable as a PC name.

I recently did a few based on some of my favorite bands & musicians:

Carlos Santana ---> Talon Carnassa ---> Narcas Natalos
Stevie Ray Vaughan ---> Uyith Savage Raven
Jonas Hellborg ---> Jorgen Ballsho
Alex Lifeson ---> Leona Six-Elf ---> Six-Ale Felon ---> Felix Solena
Joe Satriani ---> Ejai Star-Oni
Yngwie J. Malmsteen ---> Jammyne Steelwing ---> Slanty Gem Weemjing
Tony Iommi ---> Timi Moony
Brian May ---> Brain Yam
Spinal Tap ---> Pat LaNips ---> Pliant Asp

Anyone else have some good ones? (Or bad ones, for that matter?)

Last edited:

awayfarer

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
Yngwie J. Malmsteen ---> Jammyne Steelwing ---> Slanty Gem Weemjing

I thnk "Slanty Gem Weemjing" is a character that George Lucas is going to use in his next Star Wars film.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Altair said:
Some of them make me laugh.

"Six-Ale Felon"... sounds dangerous...
ROFL! This is an excellent comedic "local villain" that could be placed into any setting. Imagine a rogue with a really high Disguise that goes to tavern after tavern, orders half a dozen ales, then stiffs the barkeep once he's done. He'd have to have high Charisma and Bluff stats; s/he always manages to convince the barkeeps to "run a tab" before s/he strikes.

You could even expand on this. The Six-Ale Felon's success has caused brazenness amongst the general population, and more and more people are trying to get out of paying for their drinks. The local establishments cut off people's credit, causing them to lose their wealthiest patrons. This causes a trickle-down effect that, if not curbed, will cause many tavern owners to close up shop for lack of business...

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Six-Ale Felon's success has caused brazenness amongst the general population, and more and more people are trying to get out of paying for their drinks. The local establishments cut off people's credit, causing them to lose their wealthiest patrons. This causes a trickle-down effect that, if not curbed, will cause many tavern owners to close up shop for lack of business...

Heh...you said "trickle-down" :D

OTOH, The Six-Ale Felon could be a criminal Drunken Master! He's fine until he gets a few drinks in him, then he goes on a crime spree...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Monte Cook ---> Tome Conok ---> Took McEon
E. Gary Gygax ---> "Eggy" Axargy ---> Yagg Gyraxe
Bruce R. Cordell ---> Croc Bruderell ---> Lord Crucebel

Remove ads