Angelsboi passed away 16 Jun 04 (was: Angelsboi Health Update)

Vrylakos

First Post
We spoke a couple of times here and there in threads across the boards.

I would wonder how he was doing, this person I barely knew. I would read the threads on his health, and keep my fingers crossed.

He will be missed, he seemed such a sweet person.

And thank you to the EN World boards for letting me know, however peripherally, this interesting person whose posts I would read and sometimes respond to.

Vrylakos

Estlor

Explorer
There are some universal truths in life.

One is that nobody gets out of this life alive.

The other is there are no goodbyes... just see you laters.

Ryan will never truly die, because he will live on in the hearts and minds of the people he touched in his life. He may no longer be physically with us, but he will ALWAYS be here. Though he and I couldn't have been any more different in our lives, lifestyles, and beliefs, we share the bond and unity of this place and the spirit of friendship and community that surrounds it. I never conversed with Ryan, but I followed his battle with AIDS with hope that he would find peace. And, in the end, Ryan has found that peace. He rests now in paradise in the caring and loving arms of our Lord and Savior. His mission in life is over. He touched dozens of people around the world with his earnest, uncompromising honesty. His unconcerned openness was a refreshing thing. It will be missed.

In the end, it isn't how long we lived that is remembered, but how well we lived. And judging by the support he had here, few have lived as well as Ryan.

You're in the arms of the angels now, Angelsboi. Fly with them like you lived your life - unapologetically your own way.

randomling

First Post
Wow. I've been reading this thread for the last few days and it's nearly made me cry every time I've come back to it. I didn't know AB well - hardly at all, in fact - but it seems he made a lasting impression on so many people. I won't forget him.

:(

Krael

First Post
:(

While I never talked to the guy, I can see he left a lasting impression on these boards, and for that, he will be missed...

BSF

Explorer
Sadly I just found this. I've been on vacation a week, so I missed it. I am sad, but I wouldn't trade that feeling for not having read any of Angelsboi's posts. I wouldn't say I knew him, but I will miss him.

Be at Peace Ryan.

marketingman

Explorer
I believe we should attempt to have our own service for Ryan at Origins on Saturday night at Midnight in the Open gaming area. This would allow for everything he loved in his life to be represnted.

I would concider it an honer to organize and arrange for speakers, Just look for me around the Open Press Area during the convention.

sawbones

I too just returned from holidays to find this sad news of Ryan's passing, he will be missed, but I am sure remembered by all that he touched here.

As a physician, I see patients who suffer and die all too frequently, and in 15 years, one never gets used to the heartbreak of a young vibrant person's death.

Godspeed Ryan

Grant

Remove ads