Another Convert

Not much to say other than I've finally pre-ordered the gift set.

I was originally planning on just flipping through the PH at the local game shop and deciding yes or no then... D&D will always be the secondary game for me so I was going to take a wait and see attitude. Didn't even figure to get the other two is the PH really knocked my socks off.

But as I read how things worked, I got more and more interested. The recent spate of previous from those that have seen the books and what they posted finally made up my mind. The wife has said she'll run me solo, as simple as the prep seems. With the cost at Amazon being so low, I decided to just go ahead and get it.

So I have arrived. :)

Valerion Steele

First Post
congratulations for entering the fray... i was pessimistic as well... untill i saw all those nifty improvements they seemingly made...
again , welcome to the family.. :D

Stormtalon said:
It took 4th Ed for that to happen? ;)

Ignoring any innuendo that might appear (which is almost inevitable when talking about doing solo roleplaying with a significant other....)

She ran 3.x solo for me from 1st to about 25th level. But the later stuff was much more difficult, because she doesn't have as much time to prep. The simplified stuff for 4th makes D&D possible again. We still do solo Hero (both of us know the system much better, and aside from designing villains (which can be re-used) there is very little prep work for it), but while Hero is my main love in games, I still like D&D (I've played every edition although after just a few weeks with 2nd, we went back to our houseruled 1st ed.)

Remove ads