• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another set of simple questions.

Eternal54

First Post
A friend and I can not agree on the mechanics of some commonly used rules. Please tell me if I am wrong on any of the following.

Moving your speed up to an opponent does not triger OA unless they have threatining reach. Only moving out of a square that is adjacent to an enemy provokes OA.

AoE attacks such as Waizards 1st level scorching burst must roll for attack against each enemy in the area seperatly, then damage only once for all hit enemies.

Simple questions I'm sure but would end some debate, thanks!

FrozenChrono

First Post
Those are both correct statements.

I don't have my book with me so I can't give you the page but these are very clearly listed in the combat section of the PHB. Early in the chapter there's a section on bursts and blasts giving the details, then there's an OA section around the middle of the chapter.

DracoSuave

First Post
Early in the chapter there's a section on bursts and blasts giving the details

bursts and blasts have nothing to do with attack rolls.

Close and Area do.

If you have a close attack that only targets two enemies in the area, it follows the same rules as a close attack, even if it would seem like a melee attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads