• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anti-Feats

svwilson

First Post
I seem to remember a set of rules somewhere that allowed characters to take permanent disadvantages such as blindness, deformity, strict vows, or object of predjudice. The character got some kind of trade-off of such as an extra feat or saving throw bonus or something. Does anyone know about this, or any other kind of "disadvantage" variant rule?

Shawn

silvermane

Explorer
"Anti-feats" are a Kingdom of Kalamar invention. They are not just the UA flaws, but have the exact opposite effect of a feat; for example Anti-Alertness gives a -2 penalty to Spot and Listen.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(semi-humor)

Let's say the answer to my question above is: Yes.

For example, let's say I took the Anti-Feat Anti-Alertness.
Then, in exchange for it, I took the feat Power Attack.

Many people are saying not all feats are created equal, and I'm inclined to agree. But if you can swap anti-feats for feats, that little point gets overlooked. And thus, some people could argue you messed up the rules.

If so, did you mess up the rules? What say you'all? :)

Raylis

First Post
Anti-feats are introduced in the Kingdoms of Kalamar Villian Design Book. They way it was presented is you don't take anti-feats you roll 4d10 for them, one d10 counting as the ones, tens, hundreds and thousands place, they had a pretty substantial chart.

You could roll for an anti-feat every level (but only once per level).

For every anti-feat you obtained you can choose a normal feat.

As explained earlier the anti-feats were the reverse of the regular feats.

Hope this helps

Raylis

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge; Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world."
-Alber Einstein

silvermane

Explorer
Edena_of_Neith said:
Does taking an Anti-Feat allow you to take a Feat to compensate for the Anti-Feat?

Yes, because anti-feats are rolled randomly, this is something that you wish to remove when the dice falls wrongly, except that RAW you may sacrifice any normal or bonus feat to remove the penalty, not just the opposite feat.

Of course, you are not required to roll for anti-feats in the first place. Also note that bonus feats are gained on a 1:2 basis, not 1:1.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Anti-feats

When I saw the thread, I thought you were talking about feats that counter feats. Like a goblin with say "Noble Sacrifice" which stops a Great Cleave or Whirlwind attack by throwing himself on to the weapon, or something like that. I do have a complied list of Dragon flaws, but they have stopped printing them after the April Fools Edition with the commoner flaws.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads