Any chance of a 5e Open Gaming version for Whats OLD is NEW?

Yaarel

He Mage
Is there any chance of a 5e Open Gaming version for Whats OLD is NEW?

I was recently glancing thru the races of OLD NEW, and am impressed. This is a side of ENWorld that Im less familiar with, and I know nothing about the d6 mechanics except that it uses d6s. I noticed the quality of the race write-ups when I realized the Grand Elf and the Sylvan Elf were comparable to High Elf and Wood Elf. Judging by the informative descriptions, I felt the OLD NEW variations were more appealing, both more balanced in their abilities, and better representing the feel of these different archetypes.

I am unfamiliar with the noun-verb magic system, but like the sound of its intuitive spontaneous approach. I figure, at the very least, it is feasible to use the noun-verb system for 5e rituals. Individual spells that can be routinely cast as an ‘action’, can be defined separately on a case by case basis.

Anyway, nice stuff.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Everything in the WOIN Rules Reference Document is open gaming content, so folks are more than welcome to take it and use it or convert it or whatnot. I don't have plans to do so myself - I'm still working on new WOIN material. But you should feel totally free if you want to!

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Is there any chance of a 5e Open Gaming version for Whats OLD is NEW?

Aw come on. I already make a crack about this...but this one looks serious...?

WOIN looks to be an excellent RPG. One that has no need to ride D&D's coattails. I highly recommend cutting the cord, and delving into it on its own merits. Or at least do Morrus a favor and buy a WOIN book, and THEN start your 5e OGL conversion!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Aw come on. I already make a crack about this...but this one looks serious...?

WOIN looks to be an excellent RPG. One that has no need to ride D&D's coattails. I highly recommend cutting the cord, and delving into it on its own merits. Or at least do Morrus a favor and buy a WOIN book, and THEN start your 5e OGL conversion!

I don't mind how people use it. I just enjoy seeing them use it. It's all OGC for a reason! Play it, read it, write for it, tinker with it, convert it. It's all good! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases