D&D 4E Any cool 4e adventure to start Paragon Tier that's full of Trolls?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
You mean like P1: King of the Trollhaunt Warrens?

It's one of the better ones released by Wizards. Just strip out some extraneous encounters and you're good to go.

the Jester

Legend
P1 is really good as long as you're willing to work with it to customize it.

Personally, I tied the whole thing in with the pcs I had, who had kind of declared themselves the governors of the area. It made the stakes a lot higher for them: Moonstair was one of their towns, so it mattered to them whether it fell.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
P1 is really good as long as you're willing to work with it to customize it. (snip)

I think part of that customisation should also include changing some of the monsters. The nothic, in particular, feel like they were shoehorned into the adventure because they were the right level and role rather than because they made sense to the story. (This was one of the more common problems with early 4E adventure design, IMO.)

the Jester

Legend
I think part of that customisation should also include changing some of the monsters. The nothic, in particular, feel like they were shoehorned into the adventure because they were the right level and role rather than because they made sense to the story. (This was one of the more common problems with early 4E adventure design, IMO.)

Agreed. I skipped a number of encounters, added a few, etc.

P1's greatest strength (IMHO) is the fact that it builds the villain into an excellent long-term adversary.

Remove ads