• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Dark Sun info from DDXP yet?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
True, they actually seem to like and be excited about Dark Sun, so maybe it won't just languish. I don't even like DS, but I'm tired of the almost nothing we get for FR and tired of the absolutely nothing Eberron keeps getting. Maybe they'll actually keep to doing stuff for DS so y'all can have some nice things.
Well, settings are supposed to get one year of support, then out. FR already had its year, so we shouldn't be getting any more "support" (besides novels, I guess).

Eberron is another matter. THIS is Eberron's year for support . . . that is, up until 4e DS is released. Maybe they believe there just isn't enough left in Eberron that needs an article on? Dark Sun is so different that maybe they believe that it could sustain month after month of articles and adventures for the duration of DS's year in the spotlight.

Turtlejay

First Post
That's silly, last Dragon there was an article on the Traveller, an Eberron diety. I'm sure if we all looked, instead of peering into the cobwebs of our dusty memories, we would find more.

I only remember that article because I was interested in it as a player.

Jay

Wik

First Post
Ha ha. this thread has had me thinking about my DS campaign (which I'll be running in, um, september?). Got me excited enough to start some gears turning in my head.

I'm thinking I'll actually run a "stereotypical" athasian campaign (ie, a campaign involving Free Tyr, with a fair dose of slaves, and possibly Dregoth... and definitely Lalali-Puy as a possible ally/villain).

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
True, they actually seem to like and be excited about Dark Sun, so maybe it won't just languish. I don't even like DS, but I'm tired of the almost nothing we get for FR and tired of the absolutely nothing Eberron keeps getting. Maybe they'll actually keep to doing stuff for DS so y'all can have some nice things.

I'm just skeptical because of the track record on such things, and I seem to recall that they claimed at the time that they were going to keep FR supported in DDi, which they've done a fairly meh job of IMO(Especially from a character standpoint, and they could honestly fix that with at most two decent-length articles to give us the missing backgrounds and a few PPs for things that are iconic in the setting but don't have anything for them yet and I'd be happy). And yeah, Eberron. I can't even name an Eberron article off the top of my head. >_>;

Here's hoping it improves for DS. (For all settings while we're at it. More shorter articles has sucked, but maybe they can leverage that into setting articles that people don't whine about as much. :p)

Well, settings are supposed to get one year of support, then out. FR already had its year, so we shouldn't be getting any more "support" (besides novels, I guess).

Eberron is another matter. THIS is Eberron's year for support . . . that is, up until 4e DS is released. Maybe they believe there just isn't enough left in Eberron that needs an article on? Dark Sun is so different that maybe they believe that it could sustain month after month of articles and adventures for the duration of DS's year in the spotlight.

That's silly, last Dragon there was an article on the Traveller, an Eberron diety. I'm sure if we all looked, instead of peering into the cobwebs of our dusty memories, we would find more.

I only remember that article because I was interested in it as a player.

Jay

EB
December 17 Channel Divinity: The Traveler
November 6 Exp. Dispatchs
Sepember 9 Explorer Fairhaven

FR

December 10 Eye on the Realms
November 23 Exploring Airspur, Part 3
November 12 Gregor's Tangent
November 11 Eye on the Realms
October 23 Hero Battle Drizzt
September 25 Adventurers of the Realms

That's just a quick passthrough looking at the calender... Looks like the Realms does get more support than Ebberon but in fact, if DS gets 1 article per month it will have LESS articles than forgotten realms.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Absolutely my favorite 4E assignment to date--especially since I got to do a couple of said sorcerer-kings. :D
Lucky you!

really... so can you atleast tell us what you were thinking when you got the job???

I believe it was something akin to "WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D:devil::cool:"
Ha Ha! That's great.

Maybe you'll get to work on a new 4E version of Planescape or Spelljammer too, eh? Or would you prefer Greyhawk or Mystara?

I'm really hoping for a 4E version of Mystara. Hmm, perhaps a double whamy Mystara campaign setting and Hollow World genre setting in the same year.

That would be awesome! :cool:

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
EB
December 17 Channel Divinity: The Traveler
November 6 Exp. Dispatchs
Sepember 9 Explorer Fairhaven

FR

December 10 Eye on the Realms
November 23 Exploring Airspur, Part 3
November 12 Gregor's Tangent
November 11 Eye on the Realms
October 23 Hero Battle Drizzt
September 25 Adventurers of the Realms

That's just a quick passthrough looking at the calender... Looks like the Realms does get more support than Ebberon but in fact, if DS gets 1 article per month it will have LESS articles than forgotten realms.
Considering FR is still the flagship setting of D&D, the fact we are seeing more articles than Eberron doesn't surprise me (personally, I really wish they did Eberron first). Especially when a person takes LFR into account, which is probably why we will always see a fair amount of FR support over any other setting. Now, if they make something like Living Eberron or Living Dark Sun, perhaps they will eclipse FR in terms of support, but I wouldn't count on it.

LightPhoenix

First Post
<snip>

Not to mention two Swordmage Class acts articles, versus none for the Artificer. Also, support for the Swordmage in Arcane Power, though to be fair EPG wasn't out yet.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Articles in Dragon directly about FR or Eberron (took out class stuff and content adapted to core like "Playing Warforged"):

Dragon 364 - Expeditionary Dispatches: Forest of Flesh
Dungeon 155 - Keep on the Shadowfell FR Conversion, Keep on the Shadowfell Eberron Conversion

Dragon 365 - Backdrop: Cormyr, Dolurrh's Dawn
Dungeon 156 - FR Thunderspire Conversion

Dragon 366 - Rose Keep: A Red Wizard Enclave, Gontal
Dungeon 157 - none

Dragon 367 - Epic Faerun, Realmslore: Auril's Hall, Expeditionary Dispatches: Janus Gull
Dungeon 158 - none

Dragon 368 - Backdrop: Graywall, Expeditionary Dispatches: Stillwater Station
Dungeon 159 - Menace of the Icy Spire

Dragon 369 - none
Dungeon 160 - none

Dragon 370 - Regions of the Realms
Dungeon 161 - Campaign Workbook: Ruins of Starmantle

Dragon 371 - Origin Stories: Incorporating Races
Dungeon 162 - none

Dragon 372 - Backdrop: Tarmalune
Dungeon 163 - none

Dragon 373 - Ecology of the Sharn (mixed core and FR)
Dungeon 164 - none

Dragon 374 - none
Dungeon 165 - none

Dragon 375 - Gontal: Dominions of Nehu, Expeditionary Dispatches
Dungeon 166 - none

Dragon 376 - Adventurers of the Realms, Realmslore: Sarifal
Dungeon 167 - Heart of the Forbidden Forge

Dragon 377 - Familiars of Eberron, Explore Airspur
Dungeon 168 - none

Dragon 378 - Domains of Eberron and the Forgotten Realms, Explore Airspur Part 2
Dungeon 169 - Campaign Workshop: The Blasphemer

Dragon 379 - Adventurers of the Realms
Dungeon 170 - Explore Fairhaven, City of Aboleths, Monument of the Ancients

Dragon 380 - Bazaar of the Bizarre: Dragonshard Items
Dungeon 171 - Eye of Justice, Campaign Workshop: Hero Battle - Drizzt

Dragon 381 - Channel Divinity: Torm
Dungeon 172 - Expeditionary Dispatches: Guardians of the Labyrinth, Explore Airspur: Villains and Vagabonds, Eye on the Realms

Dragon 382 - Channel Divinity: The Traveler
Dungeon 173 - Explore Fairhaven: Agents and Enemies, Eye on the Realms

Dragon 383 - None
Dungeon 174 - Eye on the Realms

Remove ads