Any good Alt.Druids out there

EOL

First Post
I'm going to be playing a druid in the next campaign and I find the weapon selection and to a lesser extent the armor selection pretty annoying. Scimitars, but not bows??? Plus although 3e is supposed to be about choices the only choice for a druid who wants to use different weapons and armor is loose ALL spellcasting ability...

So I'm wondering if anyone's come up with a good Alt.Druid or even just if someone has house-ruled the whole weapon (and armor) thing.

Acmite

First Post
FRCS?

"Druids of Mielikki can use any of the standard armour or weapons that rangers normally use...without violating their spiritual oaths."

This is a quote from the FRCS (Canadianized for extra flavour). It is essentially a WotC houserule for the Forgotten Realms. I think this is the best (and only necessary) fix for druids. Although, it does bug me that they get some "Weather" spells later than Sor/Wiz, but that's another topic entirely.

EOL

First Post
Re: FRCS?

Acmite said:
"Druids of Mielikki can use any of the standard armour or weapons that rangers normally use...without violating their spiritual oaths."

This is a quote from the FRCS (Canadianized for extra flavour). It is essentially a WotC houserule for the Forgotten Realms. I think this is the best (and only necessary) fix for druids. Although, it does bug me that they get some "Weather" spells later than Sor/Wiz, but that's another topic entirely.
Good enough, now lets see if I can sell the DM on that idea, he's yet to decide what world we're even playing in.

Remove ads