D&D 5E Any ideas for a Fire Dancer Bard subclass?

So for a Bard subclass that's inspired by fire dancers, whether it be with flaming batons, staves, poi, fans or whatever with fire breathing and so on, would you say they'd be more on the caster side like Lore and Glamour or more of the fightery side like Valour and Blades? I get that at later levels like 10 and above with the base Bard ability Magical Secrets they'd probably pick some of the fire spells that Bards don't get, but at lower levels such as those in a subclass what abilities could they possess? I guess fire resistance is one because they understand fire, but should such a college even be focused on dealing fire damage or should it be more about some emotion or ideal like passion?

Tormyr

Hero
You are in for a bit of a search, but someone did a concept for elemental performers a year or two ago. I do not know if it was lost to the great crash of 2016.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The college of swords can spend inspiration dice to deal extra damage, perhaps the firewalker can do the same thing in order to add fire damage to their strikes.

The signature of champions.

Whenever I have seen a Dancer class in the past, whether it was in 2E or 3E, it was always a variation on the Monk. Is there any particular reason why you would want Bard as the base class?

Satyrn

First Post
I'd try for more of a fightery type, I think.

Never minding the fire part, but the dancing really suggests melee to me.

Whenever I have seen a Dancer class in the past, whether it was in 2E or 3E, it was always a variation on the Monk. Is there any particular reason why you would want Bard as the base class?

While there certainly is a overlap between spinning fire (loosely base on poi, an art of Maori origin) and meteor hammers. I clearly see it more of a performance art.

G

Guest 6801328

I might include:
- Bonus fire damage (mechanically similar to what other classes/sub-classes get)
- Some kind of ability to dazzle/bewilder/blind opponents, maybe as a reaction?
- Advantage on Dexterity saves versus fire.
- Some kind of cool ribbon.

Satyrn

First Post
I might include:
- Bonus fire damage (mechanically similar to what other classes/sub-classes get)
- Some kind of ability to dazzle/bewilder/blind opponents, maybe as a reaction?
- Advantage on Dexterity saves versus fire.
- Some kind of cool ribbon.

That says fire dancer to me. The dazzle part especially.

Remove ads