Any love for shadow of the demon lord?

I've yet to bring this to the table, but is there any love for SotDL?

The fantasy gore horror theme has never appealed to me, but tyhe mechanics look so slick that I want to try it out.

I particularly love the spell school ideas. You can choose from 30 or so different schools with 11 spells. All very thematic. No preparations, you just learn a new spell and then can cast it a number of times.

It's so modular. I love that you can think up 11 spells, create a new school, and pop it inti a game. Just like that.

Id go as far as wanting to put in fighting schools that work in a similar fashion but with fighting maneuvers.

What are ithers experiences with SotDL?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've never had chance to play it but it really does look awesome. I'd love to hear more about how it flows in play!

Maelish

Explorer
I've run a couple of mini campaigns with SotDL. The system is pretty cool but yea, the world is a bit too much for me as well.

Our group loved how fast it played and no one had anything negative to say about the system. Oh, everybody enjoys their personal tweaks here and there. But that's every game system, folks love their house rules.

I even made a quick npc generator on FG called The Demon Lord's NPCs. Hopefully it can be useful to you.

Remove ads