Any pro-goblin / pro-monster adventures?

DevP

First Post
My players recently completed a quest involving routing some goblin raiders, but there's also been some delightful chatter about helping the goblins throw off the yoke of human oppression etc etc. Indeed, by my game world's logic: goblins as as much inclined to raiding and trouble as humans or dwarves, so it'd only be fair to have some quests where you help a goblin community fend off some bad-guys.

So, are there any adventures out there with plot hooks to help a goblin city or kobold hamlet or such?

(I could of course edit an existing adventure.)

Doctor Proctor

First Post
Well, you could try making one of your own!

Awhile back my group did a one-off with one of the normal PC's DMing for the group. He decided to have us pick from a selection of Goblinoid races out of the back of the MM so that we could go out and pillage a human village. I rolled up a nifty Hobgoblin Dragon Magic Sorcerer and had a lot of fun with the adventure.

Alternatively, if you wish to use your current PC's and incorporate it into your campaign, you could try something like what our normal DM did. Basically, we have a Kobold Rogue in the party and he ran into another Kobold that asked for help. Most of his clan had been dominated by a Purple Dragon and he wanted our assistance in slaying the beast (we were 4th level, and this was a young dragon from the Dragonomicon). He got everything out of the Dragonomicon, such as the stats for the Dragonkin Kobolds and the Purple Dragon itself...it was a lot of fun.

msherman

First Post
For the first adventure of my current campaign, I had the party infiltrate a silver mine run by goblins. The goblins had enslaved a kobold tribe, and were using the kobolds to work the mines. The climactic encounter of the story line had the party teaming up with a young white dragon (the patron of the kobold tribe) to sack the goblin mine and rescue the kobolds.

Thanlis

Explorer
Perhaps not entirely helpful to you, but the LFR adventure AGLA 1-5 "Silver Lining" is pretty pro-goblin. It's level 1-4. You're certainly allowed to sanction it and download it to run it for non-LFR players, although getting registered involves some hoops (by which I mean I'll be damned if I can remember the whole process).

Infiniti2000

First Post
For the first adventure of my current campaign, I had the party infiltrate a silver mine run by goblins. The goblins had enslaved a kobold tribe, and were using the kobolds to work the mines. The climactic encounter of the story line had the party teaming up with a young white dragon (the patron of the kobold tribe) to sack the goblin mine and rescue the kobolds.

Obviously, the white dragon's name was Calcryx, but where was Meepo? :lol: :p

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Both the opening adventure in the Eberron Campaign Guide and Seekers of the Ashen Crown are "pro-goblin" (in the sense there are goblin patrons or are helping goblin causes). They are pretty Eberron specific, but some of it may be adaptable.

Obryn

Hero
In 2e, you have the Reverse Dungeon, where the players ran the monsters and the DM ran the party. It was kinda cool. :)

-O

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Additionally, it shouldn't be too difficult to reskin existing adventures - the villagers become kobolds, the goblin raiders become human bandits or soldiers. Just change how you describe things.

May require new maps, however - makes more sense to storm the human keep rather than chase them around caves, though the latter works if the human's are bandits.

Remove ads