Any Skies of Sordane Backers Here?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
As the title, anyone here back the kickstarter? If so, have any of you actually printed any of the minis that are available so far?

My wife and I haven't gotten a printer yet, but our friend is working on printing the Gleaming Shard.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Yeah they're really damn cool.

I wonder how much it would cost to get one printed and shipped by professionals...
Eek would be my guess. Something sphincter tightening, I'm sure. But still maybe worth it. Depends on how many separate components each ship is printed in I suppose, the flatter it packs the happier I'd be as the customer.

chuckdee

Explorer
As the title, anyone here back the kickstarter? If so, have any of you actually printed any of the minis that are available so far?

My wife and I haven't gotten a printer yet, but our friend is working on printing the Gleaming Shard.

I joined, but I haven't gotten my printer up and running. What printer are you looking at? I have the Sovol SV01, and have it almost up and running. I was probably going to look at Hexton Hills first.

doctorbadwolf

I joined, but I haven't gotten my printer up and running. What printer are you looking at? I have the Sovol SV01, and have it almost up and running. I was probably going to look at Hexton Hills first.
Honestly, I couldn’t tell ya brands or models, but we have been looking at small resin printers with an eye toward ease of setup and reliability, over performance or fancy features.

chuckdee

Explorer
Honestly, I couldn’t tell ya brands or models, but we have been looking at small resin printers with an eye toward ease of setup and reliability, over performance or fancy features.
The thing to remember about resin printers is that you're dealing with toxic waste, and so there's a lot more concern about handling of the material. It's one of the reasons I went with PLA- the level of care and the additional material required were a bit much for me just getting into this.

doctorbadwolf

The thing to remember about resin printers is that you're dealing with toxic waste, and so there's a lot more concern about handling of the material. It's one of the reasons I went with PLA- the level of care and the additional material required were a bit much for me just getting into this.
That’s fair

Remove ads