WotBS Any tips for running FG WotBS?

Dolfan

First Post
After spending way too much time reading through the material and going back and forth on starting a game, I'm considering running a War of the Burning Sky game via Fantasygrounds. I've run games via Fantasygrounds before, and I have most of the 4e modules I'll need (and can probably create my own if I *really* need to), but what I'm really curious about is whether anyone has any tips specific to running this campaign online.

As of right now I have no clue how many players I'll have, but I can probably adjust encounters if need be, but are there any encounters (specifically in the first couple modules) that end up being more problematic online or anything else?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EugeneZ

First Post
Just making sure (your post doesn't make this entirely clear) but I've made a series of WotBS modules for Fantasy Grounds. EnWorld has been kind enough to distribute them on the official Burning Sky download page. They have everything you need to play WotBS via Fantasy Grounds.

As for other, general tips... it's all about prep time. Even more true for FG than for table-top. Prepare your encounters and NPCs, make sure you have the images you want to show the players ready, etc. And depending on whether your group RPs heavily via chat, you may want to jot down some notes regarding RPing the NPCs.

Dolfan

First Post
Yeah, sorry, I'm definitely using the modules that you have made -- they're incredible. I've used a lot of Fantasy Grounds modules (mainly for LFR), and they don't even begin to approach that quality.

The note about prep time is a good point. I suppose I tend to under prepare for Fantasy Grounds games, just because I know I have everything at my fingertips, but I'll definitely spend a little more time ensuring that everything is "at the ready".

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I've run the first two modules and the beginning of the third (so far) online using MapTool, and I haven't run into any particular areas that seemed to "not work" for an online game. You should be fine. Have fun!

Remove ads