Anybody I know going to Dragoncon?

Felon

First Post
You know, I'm glad DragonCon is finally gaining recognition. Biggest sci-fi/fantasy con around, and for years you'd post on a messageboard and folks would be shrugging left and right.

Then again, we're only a few posts deep here...

diaglo

Adventurer
i have a timeshare on Sanibel Island at the same time as DragonCon every year. so nope. i won't be there again.

some of my group will be there.

loki44

Explorer
MavrickWeirdo said:
If you run into someone named Sue, say nice things about me

Even a boy named Sue?

I ain't goin' even though it's here in town. Labor Day weekend has to be one of the worst weekend choices for a Con ever. Middle of October? I'm there. Anyway, your post prompted me to at least check out the Dragoncon website. I have two questions after a cursory glance:

1. What was Mark Texeira's reason for bailing on the Con and why would he have commited to coming in the first place? I thought he plays 1B for the TX Rangers.

2. Why isn't WotC listed as an exhibitor? Have they shunned this Con for some reason?

Darth K'Trava

First Post
loki44 said:
Even a boy named Sue?

I ain't goin' even though it's here in town. Labor Day weekend has to be one of the worst weekend choices for a Con ever. Middle of October? I'm there. Anyway, your post prompted me to at least check out the Dragoncon website. I have two questions after a cursory glance:

Before, it was the Fourth of July weekend (when it'd fall on a weekend).

1. What was Mark Texeira's reason for bailing on the Con and why would he have commited to coming in the first place? I thought he plays 1B for the TX Rangers.

The same reason the con has wrestlers?

2. Why isn't WotC listed as an exhibitor? Have they shunned this Con for some reason?

Couldn't answer that one.... They had a "rep" biz there one year. But that's been a couple of years ago.....

I'll be there but doubt I'll go around saying "hi Sue" to anyone named Sue that I see.....

Felon

First Post
DragonCon has a rep for hosting big stars that mysteriously cancel at the last minute, going all the way back to Michael Keaton in 1990. Last year it was Joss Whedon.

They have the con on Labor Day weekend because they do a ton of business. The 4th of July weekend is part of summer vacation for many families (July being the most vacation-heavy month of the year), so they're off spending their week is Disneyland or at the Grand Canyon or what have you. Fewer people have special activites for Labor Day weekend.

Remove ads