• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody See GITS:SAC on 4/23?

Pozatronic

First Post
Anybody watch last Saturday's Episode of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex? I don't want to give anything away for people who haven't, but it was pretty intense and seemed like a season finale. Am I right in this assumption? Does anybody know? I once read that the second movie takes place after the tv series. Can anybody fill me in on this? Thanks.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Pozatronic said:
Anybody watch last Saturday's Episode of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex? I don't want to give anything away for people who haven't, but it was pretty intense and seemed like a season finale. Am I right in this assumption? Does anybody know? I once read that the second movie takes place after the tv series. Can anybody fill me in on this? Thanks.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. I picked up the first volume on DVD and it really didnt do much for me but I got hooked once I started watching them on CN. I know it's not the end becasue there's actually a second GITS series coming out soon.

Pozatronic

First Post
Look_a_Unicorn said:
If I remember correctly, the first season of GITS:SAC takes place between 1st & 2nd movies, the 2nd series deals with after the 2nd...

So I what I saw WAS the season finale? I need to see that movie now. I was holding off for some reason, I guess this was it. Thanks for the info, peeps.

Kesh

First Post
Look_a_Unicorn said:
If I remember correctly, the first season of GITS:SAC takes place between 1st & 2nd movies, the 2nd series deals with after the 2nd...
Nope. SAC is effectively an "alternate universe" from the movies. One more accurate to the original manga, from what I've heard.

And, no, it was not the season finale. A quick check of Yahoo! TV shows that Saturday was episode 24, and there are 26 episodes in season 1. I fell behind watching the Saturday eps, so I've just been collecting the DVDs... last one comes out in a couple weeks, and I'm excited to see that. :)

Look_a_Unicorn

First Post
Pozatronic said:
So I what I saw WAS the season finale? I need to see that movie now. I was holding off for some reason, I guess this was it. Thanks for the info, peeps.

Oh- btw, have no idea what episode you watched- I was fortunate enough to have a friend download all of them on to my Xbox. For backup purposes :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads