D&D 5E Anyone created their own Fantasy Grounds modules with the official 5E D&D core materials yet?

WishX

First Post
I was wondering if anyone had created their own adventure modules (homebrew or conversions) with the official WotC D&D 5e core components and rules sets yet. I know a lot of people (myself included) parsed the books and and downloadables, but I was wondering what other people had created with the officially licensed cores now that they're available.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
I've converted, more or less, B10 Night's Dark Terror using Fantasy Grounds and the new 5e data packs. It was rediculously simple. Basically just drag and drop. Loved it and am looking forward to the whole experimentation of running a FG 5e game.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
I'm about 1/4 of the way thru converting RtToEE 3e campaign to Pathfinder, and then I'm going to convert to 5e for fun.

Hussar

Legend
Out of curiosity, can you share those? In Maptools, you get a .cmpgn file that you could send to other people if you wanted. Does FG support this?

Larac

First Post
I would suggest looking at Par5e as a way to move stuff into FG faster than the FG interface allows.

Once you get the gist of it, you can add the headers quickly and have the story mostly loaded from a text doc to FG.

But both methods work, Par5e will have a learning curve, but is very good at moving text to the correct places.

Larac

First Post
One of the great problems of the age.

Even if you are very careful a word that some corp. stooge slipped in to copyright can come and sue you.

So yes beware sharing, as between stooges and back yard lawyers, someone will find something and then cause issues.

I find to be honest the back yard lawyers to be worst, as the empower the stooges.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
I would suggest looking at Par5e as a way to move stuff into FG faster than the FG interface allows.

Once you get the gist of it, you can add the headers quickly and have the story mostly loaded from a text doc to FG.

But both methods work, Par5e will have a learning curve, but is very good at moving text to the correct places.
I've just downloaded this and am "reading" the user manual. It looks quite powerful! It also looks like I'll be able to use it to add custom content quite easily with this as soon as I get the hang of it.

Remove ads