D&D General Anyone else have a website or wiki for their D&D campaign? Share!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I am currently running two 5E games. One I think of as my "newbie" game, the other is two players who I have gamed with on and off (mostly on) since 1993 and 1996 respectively. I am running a modified Ghosts of Saltmarsh for both of them (and I refer to the latter group as "Revenants of Saltmarsh")

Anyway, I keep a wiki updated for each game including descriptions of places, people, events, house rules, monsters, magical items etc. . This allows me to keep most narrative information together, allows me to access PCs sheets, and allows the players keep track of the complex networks of adventures, people, and events that come with my games.
Anyone else maintain something like this for their games? Do people use slack or discord instead? Wordpress? Something else?

I will say, I do wish the players engaged with it more, but it does help me keep track of "public" stuff as I DM and allows me to point to links about some things when players have questions.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Our games' site is here:

It has everything from player-side game rules to game logs to game-related sillinesses of other kinds, for several different campaigns past and present. About the one thing it doesn't have are DM-side rules, other than a few general notes on monsters.

We tried a wiki once in hopes of getting more player input, with the idea being that anyone could contribute and-or edit, but it drew near-zero interest and after a few years we took it down.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
@Lanefan That looks great!

I used to have a wiki for my (and my friends/co-DMs') Aquerra campaigns that ran from 1989 to 2016 running through 2E and 3.XE and your site reminds me of that. A record of not just the campaigns themselves, but also a record of tastes (as rules changes and editions change) and a record of different groups of friends taking part. I still have all the wiki files backed up but transferring and re-coding them all to a different wiki has been onerous.

Bupp

Adventurer
I have my own homebrew world that I've written up on my blog. Also includes some play reports.
Eska

I've tried wikis and the such in the past, but no one was interested, so I've reverted to blogging about it, where I occasionally write other stuff.

I'm going to give your Saltmarsh stuff a read thru. Getting ready to run Ghosts (hopefully) soon.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I'm going to give your Saltmarsh stuff a read thru. Getting ready to run Ghosts (hopefully) soon.
Let me know if you have any questions either about what is there or what isn't! 🤣

I have loved the Saltmarsh adventures since the 1E versions and was not disappointed with this adaptation.

Bupp

Adventurer
Will do! I've run the 1E versions in 5E already, but doing Ghosts with a new group. Mostly just setting it in Saltmarsh, IDK how much of the original storyline I'm going to stick to this time.

Remove ads