• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Anyone Else Tired of the Wizards Bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm caught up on the thread, I can't believe there are so many people ok with a toy company sending hired muscle to intimidate youtubers over leaks. This is actually insane. Unless they kill the dude, people just won't care. Who cares if armed men show up to you and your wife's home to bully you? Its all show business baby! Get with it or get out of here!

Truly, society is more absurd than any fiction.

Raiztt

Adventurer
I want to call out this post specifically.

Do you understand how undeniably screwed up it is to send the Pinkertons? This dude has stolen cards, send the police or something (not much better tbh). But sending hired muscle to scare his wife? You think its alright to just to terrorize someone in their home and their loved ones over this kind of stuff?! Are you serious????
Seems fine to me.

mamba

Legend
Well, a big tent, for starters. There is no tent, just personal identification with a commodity that can't possibly provide everything that people want from it.
I agree with this, but ‘what people want’ is not the same as ‘what WotC promised’

Raiztt

Adventurer
Not trying to fix anything, just laughing at the absurdity of Jeremy Crawford sending armed men to beat my ass.
I'd be willing to bet that 95% of D&D games are just fantasy pinkertons so I'm not sure why you're so surprised.

Bandits are robbing people on the road (so they can feed, shelter, and cloth themselves and their families), send in the adventurer's (read: pinkertons) to sort them out and re-establish the status quo.

Scribe

Legend
Truly, society is more absurd than any fiction.

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

100% without a doubt. We live in a perpetual parody of what people think 'normal' is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads