• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone else used Terragen?

Nasma

First Post
For one of our visualisation assignments, we briefly used a terrain generating tool called Terragen (r), which is freely downloadable (for non commercial use) from http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/. Unfortunately, I'm not playing any d&d at the moment, so I' not sure how helpful it would be, but it makes it extremely easy to generate lifelike images of terrain. Hopefully, someone will find a use for it in their campaign.

Here's an example that only took a few minutes to create:
attachment.php

Attachments

• ddterrain1.JPG
    ddterrain1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 178

Fargoth

First Post
This might sound strange but I use the terragen file format but not terragen itself. I create hybrid maps using Fractal Terrains, Wilbur, World Machine and Photoshop. No examples to show. Working on latest piece now. Might show when I feel it's at an acceptable level of completion.

Ferret

Explorer
When I downloaded that was oine of the last things they wanted to add, their primary concerns were rivers etc and trees.

[edit: I've just been to the website and it looks like they are developing (and nearly finished) a new program called TGD (No idea what it stands for) that you pay for (not going to be cheap), and a terragen v1.0 with advanced featured from TGD.

Registered users of Terragen will get $(£?)80 off of TGD.

Last edited:

Remove ads