Anyone know of any good low-level modules?

Lady Dragon

First Post
The Gryphon's Lagacy by Gaslight press is an excellent low level module I wish this company would do more stuff.

There are several good low level titles for Kenzers Kalamar setting and As others have already said Death in freeport is fantastic.

Also The Longest Night;Part 1 of the Witchfire Trilogy is a really great 1-3 level module.

Finally you might want to try Pit of Loch-Duran from Mystic Eye,as this is also good.

Fiery James

First Post
Xar666 said:

It's look great; however, I have not even looked in the Psionics handbook and I did not really want to incorporate psionics into my campaign.

Do you think the psionic elements in the module are too big of a factor? Again, I have not even seen the 3rd edition psionic rules.

You know what's funny? I had totally forgotten (for a brief moment) that this adventure uses the psionics rules. Not that I'm not proud that we had the very first psionics adventure available at retail, but...

The adventure really doesn't rely on them heavily at all. Piratecat is *freakishly* smart, and knows that a good adventure is a good adventure, and the extra stuff is just sprinkles on the donut... in this case, the psionics stuff is the sprinkles.

It will take 15 minutes to completely convert this adventure to a non-psionics adventure, and Piratecat has included step-by-step instructions on how to do so. It can be converted very easily.

- James

qstor

Adventurer
I like 1st and 2nd edition low level mods. Some conversions are found in the conversion library like the Cult of the Reptile God, the Saltmarsh series both of which are set in Greyhawk. There are no conversions for the Doom of Daggerdale or the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar both are also good if you like the Forgotten Realms.

Mike

Falcon

First Post
I think the Gryphon's Legacy, Aldriv's Revenge and Three Days to Kill are excellent low-level modules, because they contain the material for future campaign directions that can be determined by the PC's actions.

gordonknox

First Post
Nightfall in Eliador

Good Stuff!

I struck up a campaign with it. It is fairly simple to run, great background, and can be used as a neat starting point.

GK

originally posted by Fiery James
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Xar666

It's look great; however, I have not even looked in the Psionics handbook and I did not really want to incorporate psionics into my campaign.

Do you think the psionic elements in the module are too big of a factor? Again, I have not even seen the 3rd edition psionic rules.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what's funny? I had totally forgotten (for a brief moment) that this adventure uses the psionics rules. Not that I'm not proud that we had the very first psionics adventure available at retail, but...

The adventure really doesn't rely on them heavily at all. Piratecat is *freakishly* smart, and knows that a good adventure is a good adventure, and the extra stuff is just sprinkles on the donut... in this case, the psionics stuff is the sprinkles.

It will take 15 minutes to completely convert this adventure to a non-psionics adventure, and Piratecat has included step-by-step instructions on how to do so. It can be converted very easily.

P-kitty is a genius!! This has to be one of the best adventures I have ever read in my life--and it CAN be non-psionic. I'm running it in just about a week for the EN Chicago gameday (see our thread if you live in the area and want to come!!!!) and am totally pumped about it.

Remove ads