Anyone know of any good low-level modules?

Xar666

First Post
I have already DMed The Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury by WotC and don't want to run them again. I looked at The Wizard's Amulet by Necromancer Games and it seemed to simple..

I am currently running Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil with another group. I need a good module for a group of 3 players all with 2nd level characters. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Of Sound Mind, by our very own Piratecat (Kevin Kulp), available from Fiery Dragon Publications. IMO one of the most atmospheric low level modules out there.

If you would like to know a little more about it, check out my storyhour!

I really recommend it highly.

Xarlen

First Post
Try Three Days To Kill, by some company. I think Atlas?

Speaker of Dreams looks neat, to me, for 5th level charas. Check out the Iron DM thread for simple side-treks. :)

Last edited:

Xar666

First Post
Of Sound Mind
The Freeport series

Those were two awesome suggestions! I read reviews on both and now I can't decide which to get!

Last edited:

der_kluge

Adventurer
Interludes: Brief Expeditions to Bluffside, by http://www.thunderheadgames.com

Was at one point, don't know if it still is, the highest rating module on this site. It's designed for a party of 1st or 2nd level, but could be tailored to 3rd or even 4th. And has numerous web enhancements to boot.

yongi

First Post
Maiden Voyage

Maiden Voyage, by Atalas Games (http://www.enworld.org/d20reviews.asp?sub=yes&where=currentprod&which=MAVG)
proved to be quite enjoyable for my little group (3 players, 2nd-3rd level).

You might have to pump up the threats to make them "really" threatening (I did), but the story line and NPC interaction was cool enough to make even the most munchikinesque of my players roleplay with gusto.

Try to play it through in one night, though. The ending can seem a little forced if players have time off to think about it.

All in all, though, it's a nice little adventure.

Fiery James

First Post
Xar666 said:
Of Sound Mind
The Freeport series

Those were two awesome suggestions! I read reviews on both and now I can't decide which to get!

OK, so I'm totally biased, and I really like the GR gang, but I gotta say:

Get OF SOUND MIND.

It's probably one of the best low-level adventures ever written, and has a ton of *extra* cool stuff, like player handouts and full color cardstock counters by Claudio Pozas. Even if you're not a fan of adding this tactical element into the game (personally, I love counters, but not everyone does), they're still really cool little portraits!

- James

NOW FOR SALE: DEMONS & DEVILS (counter pack 1)

Dr Midnight

Explorer
If you're not into psionics (like me- I just don't care for 'em), I recommend giving Gorgoldand's Gauntlet a look. I know I bring it up all the time, but my group had a great time with it. Puzzles and traps, lots of things to think about.

Plus- it's free.

Xar666

First Post
Fiery James said:

OK, so I'm totally biased, and I really like the GR gang, but I gotta say:

Get OF SOUND MIND.

It's probably one of the best low-level adventures ever written, and has a ton of *extra* cool stuff, like player handouts and full color cardstock counters by Claudio Pozas. Even if you're not a fan of adding this tactical element into the game (personally, I love counters, but not everyone does), they're still really cool little portraits!

- James

It looks great; however, I have not even looked in the Psionics handbook and I did not really want to incorporate psionics into my campaign.

Do you think the psionic elements in the module are too big of a factor? Again, I have not even seen the 3rd edition psionic rules.

Last edited:

Remove ads