Appropriate place for development?

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
There seems to be some momentum toward getting an E6 SRD project going.

Is there an appropriate place here at ENWorld to organize a smallish project like that? It's in General for now, at least until we see if it gets some steam.

If it gets off the ground, though, I'm roughly guessing the whole thing would involve half a dozen people, run about a year, and spin off a few dozen discussion threads on the various sections/chapters of the game, as well as have a number of files (most likely zips of rtf &/or html) made available for download. If it starts going that direction, is it suitable for General, Legacy, or should it go elsewhere?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a flour tortilla.

If it gets going, I'll hazard a guess and say "Legacy," but I'm not quite sure off the top of my head. Please holler when it gets to that stage and we'll figure it out.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If you're doing E6 based off 3e, I'd say Legacy. If you're doing a 4e variant, I'd say you'd put it in 4e Fan Creations and House Rules.

My "Use the right tool for the job" reflex says that what you'd do better with a wiki with attached discussion threads for most of the real work, though.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
If it gets going, I'll hazard a guess and say "Legacy," but I'm not quite sure off the top of my head. Please holler when it gets to that stage and we'll figure it out.
If you're doing E6 based off 3e, I'd say Legacy. If you're doing a 4e variant, I'd say you'd put it in 4e Fan Creations and House Rules.

My "Use the right tool for the job" reflex says that what you'd do better with a wiki with attached discussion threads for most of the real work, though.
It's a 3.5e version, so we've set it up in Legacy where it's progressing slowly and cautiously. It actually feels appropriate being confined to a linear thread at this early stage.

After the base part of the project is done, I think we probably will end up doing exactly what you suggest and switch over to a wiki. We're still a ways off from that, though, and I'll ask about it again at a later point to see if any other suggestions pop up.

Thanks

Last edited:

Remove ads