• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

April Fools! Presenting: The Pink Oozekitty

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Every year on April 1st, I like to post a silly monster. Although it's concept is silly, the monster's stat block is fully rendered and functional, and the monster can be used in a game. One year I posted the Typodaemon, an evil creature that causes mispellings in written text, one year it was the Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaaarrgh! from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and one year it was the Beast of Caerbannog (i.e. the "harmless little bunny") from the same movie.

This year I turn to Webcomics for my silly monster inspiration.

Enjoy!

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp01142002.html

Pink Oozekitty
Tiny Aberration
Hit Dice:
1/2 d8 (2 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+0
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d2-4); or fleshy tentacle +4 melee
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d2-4), bite -1 melee (1d3-4); or 6 fleshy tentacles +4 melee, bite -1 melee (1d3-4)
Damage: Claw, bite 1d3-4
Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, smother
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/slashing or piercing, low-light vision, extra-huggable
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +3, Escape Artist +10, Hide +15, Move Silently +7, Spot +1
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Environment: Warm air ducts
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1/4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement:

This creature at first looks like a strange puddle of warm pink goo, but suddenly it rises up into a cat-like shape and makes a strange "murrring" as it assumes solidity.

A pink oozekitty is formed when an extremely old housecat contracts a degenerative bone disease and, through various treatments, loses its fur. Although a pink oozekitty usually maintains a softened feline shape, it is fully amorphous (“extra huggable”) and can fall into an amoeba-like puddle with a feline face. In its amorphous form, a pink oozekitty can easily flow down drains, through small openings, and under doors.

Combat
A pink oozekitty can attack in a manner similar to a normal housecat, scratching at opponents with its claws or biting, but usually it enters combat in amorphous form. An amorphous pink oozekitty lashes out with pink tentacles of flesh and can engulf opponents its size or smaller.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a pink oozekitty must hit an opponent up to Large size with its tentacle attack. It can then start a grapple check as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to smother the foe following round.

Smother (Ex): A pink oozekitty that succeeds on a grapple check has wrapped itself around its opponents head, or fully engulfed the opponent if it is Tiny or smaller. The opponent is subject to suffocation, and must succeed on a grapple check against the pink oozekitty in order to extricate itself from its fleshy mass.

Extra-Huggable (Ex): A pink oozekitty is amorphous, and is not subject to critical hits or flanking. A pink oozekitty has damage reduction 5/slashing or piercing, and receives a +4 racial bonus to grapple checks. The amorphous body of a pink oozekitty can old small objects within its mass; a Tiny-sized pink oozekitty has the same storage capacity as a normal belt pouch.

Skills: Pink oozekitties receive a +4 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks and a +8 racial bonus to Balance checks. They use their Dexterity modifier for Climb checks. A pink oozekitty also has a +8 racial bonus to Escape Artist checks.

The Pink Oozekitty was inspired by Choo-Choo Bear, by R. K. Milholland who produces the webcomic Something Positive. For more on Choo-Choo Bear specifically, go to http://choochoobear.net.

Here is a shot of a pink oozekitty in action!

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp03022002.html

Last edited:

A Crazy Fool

First Post
small aprill fools' monsters are fun, very, very fun. in my april 1st session the parties fighter is going to lose his mind, literaly, by virtue of one of the "it just happened becuse it could happen and i wanted it to happen" moments

Remove ads