Pathfinder 1E Arcane and Divine Hybrid Class

Hereticus

First Post
Arcanist is a hybrid class that blends wizard and sorcerer, both arcane classes. Has anyone created a hybrid class that blends both arcane and divine spell casting?

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
Outside of Mystic Theurge, I am unaware of anything that would provide simultaneous arcane and divine spell casting. Which is probably a good thing. The designing of such a class sounds like a nightmare to me. Not to mention, a spell cast by an arcane or divine caster (such as Detect Magic) has no difference beside the power source. With the exception of (mostly) exclusive spells for their respective lists, it's really the special class features that differentiate between the casting types. If such a class does exist, you're most likely going to find its home-brewed.

Two from Third party publishers.

The Magister from Rogue Genius Games, written by Owen KC Stevens - it's a Spontaneous caster that can pull from just about every spell list- but with some limitations (most spells are +1 level aside from your base "Spell list" which you decide on at chargen).

Theurge from Kobold Press. Its is a prepared caster that has both Arcane and Divine spells (Wiz/Sor and Cleric IIRC) but tracks each separately.

I've used both in my campaigns - I think there are a others - a "Prestige Archtype" of Mystic Theurge is out there, IIRC - but those two are the ones I like the most.

The basics of both are on D20PFSRD for an initial look. I'd recommend the books themselves, if you like what you see on the site.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases