Arcane netflix series

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm glad to see so many good impressions of the show. I was thinking of checking it out, but now I'll move that to a definite checking this out.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Just the aesthetic had me curious enough to check it out, but this thread has definitely moved me up to "eager to check it out" rather than just curious.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
I go halfway through the first episode before deciding it was boring and the characters unappealing.
Since so many others have expressed the opposite opinion, would you be willing to expand upon what was unappealing about the characters for you? If not, perhaps you could suggest something you do like as a fantasy mini-series? Of course, I'm asking a favour, since you have no duty to defend your opinion, it is what it is. I'd just like to get a better idea where you're coming from. :)

Since so many others have expressed the opposite opinion, would you be willing to expand upon what was unappealing about the characters for you?
Just taste really. I found them cliché and humourless.
If not, perhaps you could suggest something you do like as a fantasy mini-series? Of course, I'm asking a favour, since you have no duty to defend your opinion, it is what it is. I'd just like to get a better idea where you're coming from. :)
I liked Game of Thrones. In modern animation, I liked She-Ra, The Clone Wars and Camp Cretaceous.

Last edited:

Was a great series. Totally got a joker vibe from a character

I wish they had explained why there are 99% humans but then some non humans

as someone whose only seen the video game once or twice played who were the actual video game characters? Assuming both sisters and maybe the little guy?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Was a great series. Totally got a joker vibe from a character

I wish they had explained why there are 99% humans but then some non humans

as someone whose only seen the video game once or twice played who were the actual video game characters? Assuming both sisters and maybe the little guy?
Been reading wikis since watching it and apparently all of them are Game characters, but their story is slightly different (Eg Jace wasnt sponsored by the Kirramans and didnt know Caitlyn)

Davies

Legend
Vi, Caitlyn, Jinx, Ekko, Jayce, Viktor, Heimerdinger (the little guy) and Singed (the biologist) are all pre-existing champions from the game. It's been speculated that other characters from the series will eventually be added as or revealed as being game characters as well.

Remove ads