• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are there any other good/warm TRPG news sites and forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm interested in branching out to into other TRPG forums / communities. But I have little experience outside of ENWorld. (Besides the Piazza, and a bit of Paizo forum.)
My group is shifting toward Pathfinder. Do folks have any personal recommendations? I prefer, like, kind-hearted, not-so-snarky venues...if such a thing exists. (Yeah, I know the internet can be a wasteland, but still.)

For example, for forums, what is your experience of:
  • RPGnet (e.g. Pathfinder forum or other RPGs forums there)
  • Reddit (e.g. Pathfinder or other RPG forums there)
  • Paizo website forum
As far as daily RPG news, is there anything like ENWorld News? Things like Gizmodo are not really TRPG focused.
Is there some sort of Youtube channel or blog which does daily RPG news?

-Travis

Besides ENWorld, I'm mostly active on a German TTRPG forum (which probably won't help you much) and I find /r/osr on Reddit to be a nice place for both discussion and news (assuming you are into OSR/NSR games). I also visit /r/rpg relatively frequently, but it's mostly discussion and less news. Generally, I get most product news either from publishers directly or via Kickstarter/Backerkit.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I like EW quite a bit, but it's not my main forum (it's probably the other woman). I won't even go near RPGnet or the RPGSite anymore. That's not to cause a ruckus or cast aspersions, but for very different reasons I don't find them welcoming (and certainly not low key). Too much drama, and I'm to old and grumpy for drama.

Jahydin

Hero
ENWorld is by far the best.

RPGnet/RPGSite is where you go when you really want to talk about politics and games too.

Reddit is great if you like "Look what I did" posts, since the algorithm favors quick and easy thoughts.

Discord is where most of the activity is going on, but I can't get over the machine gun consistency of the feed of larger companies. Smaller ones though feel perfect. OSE and Castles & Crusades for example.

aco175

Legend
1677588856695.png

I could not find the one with Ned Stark/Boromir saying "One does not simply jump to other forum sites."

Dioltach

Legend
I used to spend quite a bit of time on BoardGameGeek, which has a sister site RPGGeek. I've always found BGG to be very respectful and knowledgeable, and from my brief glances RPGG seems very similar. Very dismissive of D&D, though, I always thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads